chapter seven ✕ severed hearts [and hands]

𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐜𝐚, 𝐬𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐯𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐚 𝐯𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞 𝐩𝐦❀⊱┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄⊰❀[unedited][TW: gore]

𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐜𝐚, 𝐬𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐧
𝐯𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐚 𝐯𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐢𝐚
𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞 𝐩𝐦
❀⊱┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄⊰❀
[unedited]
[TW: gore]

"You have to explain this whole thing to me again." I ask, sipping on a glass of whiskey.

   Easton laughs.

"We'll, I inherited the company from my dad. I helped him before that, you know, summer vacations putting in insulation that I wasn't qualified to install. Once the company was in my name, I realized my dad had some shadier clients. But they paid well. Really well. They liked that my dad didn't ask questions and they expected me to do the same. Of course, I didn't want to risk the consequences of snitching, so I kept my mouth shut. Half the time I don't even know if they're regular rich or criminal rich and I don't ask. The paid travel is an added perk."

I shake my head. "Damn. How did you get involved with Angelo?"

"I should be asking you that." Easton says, tipping his head back to get a sip of his own drink. A drop of condensation rolls down his jaw and neck, disappearing down his shirt.

"It's a long story, but to keep it short, he was technically my boss."

"Ah, workplace romance?"

I scoff at him. "No, not a romance. In fact I'm still debating wether or not I tolerate him."

"But, you seem so," Easton thinks for a moment. "Comfortable."

"If anything he makes me the opposite of comfortable."

"But you're dating him?"

"No, we're not dating. We're figuring things out right now."

Easton nods. "So, technically your still pursuable?"

I eye him cautiously, "What are you insinuating?"

"That's up to you." He smiles.

I smirk, swirling the ice in my glass and listening to the soft clinking noise it makes.

"God, he's probably steaming like a kettle just thinking about me sitting out here with you." I say, mostly to myself.

"Yeah, he seems the type."

"What type?"

Easton shrugs. "Possessive. Some people are into that though, I guess."

Am I into that? I question myself.