chapter eight ✕ pros, cons & cars

𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐜𝐚, 𝐬𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐯𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐚 𝐯𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐩𝐦❀⊱┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄⊰❀[unedited]

𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐜𝐚, 𝐬𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐧
𝐯𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐚 𝐯𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐢𝐚
𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐩𝐦
❀⊱┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄⊰❀
[unedited]

  "The boat to the mainland leaves in an hour." Angelo informs, looking out over the hills. The rain from the previous day has stopped and the sun has dried up any hint that it had rained at all.

I nod, slinging a bag over my shoulder. Besides the clothes I came in, I've taken some clothes commandeered from Angelo.

"Claude will take you and Easton there and escort your flight to the safe house. I have some last minute things to get done before I leave." He says, heading out ahead of me.  

  "You're not coming with us?" I question as we step out of the villa onto the gravel driveway in front.

  Angelo smiles. "I know you'll miss me Sugar, but it's best we go our separate ways for now. It's safer this way."

  I nod, though I'm nervous about him being alone. He can handle himself, I'm aware, but it still makes me worry. By the time we reach the silver BMW parked out front, Easton is already there helping Claude load luggage into the trunk.

Easton takes my bag carefully from my arm, offering a small smile as he places it the trunk.

  Angelo's arms fold across his broad chest as he glanced at the other man, catching his eye when he turn back around.

  "It'll be a while before I can meet back with you again." He says, addressing me but keeping his eye on Easton. "I don't know how long exactly, but it's no excuse to get confortable. Claude will let you know if the safe house is compromised and you'll evacuate immediately. As for you," He finally addresses Easton. "If I come back and she's got one scratch, nick, or bruise on her, I'm holding you fully responsible."  

  Easton stands there without a word, simply nodding. Not intimidated, but not hostile either.

  "Angel." I say softly, tugging his sleeve.

He reluctantly turns off his threatening expression, letting it soften as he looks down at me. He settles his hand across my jaw softly but possessively, and rubs his fingers across it gently before laying a kiss on my lips.

  The kiss lingers a little long and I can feel the pride radiating off of him. I break the kiss myself and try to avoid the gazes I can feel from both Angelo and Easton.

  "Take care of her, Claude." Angelo says, closing the trunk of the car.

"Will do, sir." Claude affirms, opening the passenger door and beckoning me inside.