IS MY CHOICE RIGHT?

ANKITA

It was my engagement today. It was held in Rohit's big mansion. My future father-in-law did not want to create any media attention. So we decided to keep it simple. The mansion was like a resort. It had a swimming pool and a big backyard. I saw all these in movies and serials only.

"From now on, this is like your own house." Said my future mother-in-law. What? My own house? "You like it, Ankita?" Rohit asked me. "Yes, of course Rohit." I said. "After marriage, we will move to another big mansion like this." He said.

"This is enough Rohit. More than enough. If you wanna move into even more bigger mansion, you need to go to a palace." I said. He smiled. The engagement was over. Me and Rohit are engaged now. Our marriage is on 31st March, just one and a half months away. Rohit called for a photoshoot.

"Is there any need for it?" I asked him. "There is, Ankita. I arranged it for us." He said. During the photoshoot, I felt a bit uncomfortable as Rohit was getting close to me. I felt that. Its okay, its normal before marriage. 

But I did not talk with him for two days after that. I didn't know why. Anyways, now that everything is good, we got our wedding invitations printed. And I invited Rohit to my favourite coffee shop to give invitation to his friend.

Raghav is not aware that I am getting married. And I am not visiting his cafe nowadays. I was really busy with my office work and stuff. Now today, I came with Rohit to my favourite cafe. Let us surprise my friend.

RAGHAV

Ankita is not visiting regularly. What was wrong with her? I was wondering what happened. Shiva is busy with his branch and I have no company currently. I went outside, hoping that she will come today. As I was approaching the bill counter, I saw a card in a coffee table. It was like a wedding card.

I took it and was shocked to see the name on it: 

                                                                                    Rohit Suryakumar

                                                                                              weds

                                                                                  Ankita Balakrishnan

My heart stopped. My Ankita is getting married and she did not say this to me. And the other name... ROHIT SURYAKUMAR. I was shocked. Is my Ankita getting married to... that man? "Hi Raghav." I saw Ankita. "Surprise!! I am getting married. I thought of surprising you with my  fiancé." She said. "Rohit, see here." She called him.

The guy wearing a black t-shirt turned around to look at me. I was so shocked!!! I did not expect HIM to be the man. He is such a... I don't know what to say. And there must be definitely a reason why he is marrying Ankita. Even he was shocked to look at me.

I would have been happy because Ankita is happy in marrying on her own wish. But I will be really heart-broken if she is marrying a moron like him. I need to do something.

That man approached me. "Hi Mr. Raghav." He shook his hands. Same attitude. "Hello, you know my name too?"

"Are you expecting me not to know your name, after my lovely fiancé keeps on telling me about your coffee shop?" He asked me. I saw Ankita. She was looking happy. "He really wanted to meet you." She said.

"Just to know how you impressed her with your coffee, so that even I can do that after marriage." He said and Ankita looked at him with a smile.

 After marriage, will her smile last? "Then, I am leaving Ankita. I have work." He said.

"Yeah, even I am leaving to my office." She said. "Hey I forgot Raghav, here is my invitation." She handed it to me with Rohit. "Please do come sir." He said with some evilness in his voice. "Okay, bye then." He said and left.

As Ankita was about to leave, I called her, "Ankita, could I have a word?" I asked her. "Yeah, what is it?" She asked me. "Can you come to my cabin, I need to say something." I told her. She came with a confused look. She sat opposite to my chair.

"What Raghav?" She asked me. "Ankita, if you don't mind, can you say me that are you happy with Rohit?" I asked her. "Why?" She asked me in a strong tone. "Just say me." I said. "Yes of course, I am happy." She said. 

That man is a good actor. I know how he must have altered his character to make her fall for him. He is a person who is manipulative and venomous. "Ankita, I know Rohit before. He is a person for whom you should not fall for. He will do anything to achieve his deepest desires. He is too much into smoking, drinking, partying, etc. As a whole, he is a spoiled brat." I said. 

Ankita was looking angry. "Ankita, he is not the person you think. Please, I am saying this for your own good." I said.

ANKITA

"Now that's enough Raghav. One more word about Rohit and you are done Raghav." I said and left his cabin. How dare he say about like that about Rohit?

I was thinking about it. Raghav doesn't say like this. And if he knew Rohit, then why didn't they show that they were familiar with each other? Oh my god!!! My head is breaking. Just leave it. 

After that, I did not go to his cafe. I was angry on Raghav. After a few days, I went with my mother-in-law and my mom and other relatives for wedding shopping. I was so tired. Everything they bought were very expensive!!!! I was thinking like why should we buy such expensive things for wedding.

My future mother-in-law invited us to their house, or my future house (my future MIL l told me to say like that) and we went there. We were talking for sometime about the wedding plans. I saw Rohit coming. "Oh hello there." He waved at me. We both were talking with each other and he invited me to show the house.

I did not see it the other day. I saw everything and it was so posh. "I will show my bedroom." He told. I just stood outside. I felt that this will be my limit. "Come, I will show you the balcony." He said. His balcony was facing the beach which was opposite it the main road.

"Nice view Rohit." I said. I did not get any response from him. I felt his hands on muy shoulder. I was feeling uneasy. I just turned to look at him. His look changed, like to something which we call evil. "Rohit, leave me." I said. He was holding me tightly and cupped my face. "A perfect beauty you are, Ankita." He said and neared my face. No, no, no.. Nothing should happen. I was pushing him with my full strength but I was not able to.

I just looked at his evil look, and then I gained strength. I pushed him and slapped him tightly on his right cheek. Want to kiss me is it? That too without my permission? How many times should I say you man? Touching a woman without her consent? That is never gonna happen.

Rohit's eyes was red. He immediately took a glass jar in his room and threw it on the floor. I got scared and closed my mouth with my hands. I got scared and tears started to gather.

"Why Ankita? We are gonna get married!!" He said. "Look Rohit, you may be comfortable with all these, but I am not. And even after marriage, you need to give me some time and go according to my comfort level. And marrying a woman doesn't mean that you can do anything without her consent. You need to get my consent before doing anything. Did you understand?"

I walked from there without saying anything. Just one more month for marriage. Why can't he give me some space? I washed my face in a nearby wash basin and came down. "What was the sound?" My mom asked. "Nothing mom. I need to leave now. I got some urgent work in office." I said. "Oh.. then I will tell the driver to drop you." Said Rohit's mom. "Its okay aunty, I will book a cab and go." I said. 

On my way to home, I was thinking about all the things that happened. Rohit gave me a look which he never gave me before. I t was surely something like a devilish look. I got really scared today. Is he really starting to show who he is? Is my choice right?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, how was the chapter? So now, Ankita is confused. Who is Rohit now? What is his true intention? Is Raghav's warning coming true? To know more, read and enjoy  this chapter until then till I post my next chapter and please do vote for me :)