HAUNTING OF THE PASTS

ANKITA

Now, everything went blank. Everything. Yes. When I saw him, everything went blank. I recovered from my break-up but still, I was not able to stand him. My heart was very heavy. I was really upset. 

"Luggage came." Ranjith said. I was sitting on the sofa with Raghav. I was leaning on his shoulder. He was touching that mark which Rohit gave me and patted my shoulder. I was crying. HE was standing opposite to me and was looking at me. 

Just go away, man!!! Your sight is bringing me more pain!!! "Okay now, just wash your face. We need to go." It was Raghav's father. I got up and went to the restroom and washed my face. I rubbed the mark very badly with soap and rubbed it so fast. And I took off the engagement ring. That touch was so... I can't even say that. I then came out and wore my jacket.

"I am Shekar Menon." Raghav's dad said. What? Is he the... famous businessman? I heard some incident happened in their household. But I never bothered to look at it. It's because, I was not able to recover from my break-up with Gautham. So Raghav is his son? I looked at Raghav. He nodded and we went out.

"What about my bike?" Raghav asked. "It will be there, now come." His father said calmly. "No way, I can't believe you." He said. "Now, your bike will be there in two days, okay? Ranjith will bring it." He said in the same calm tone. Raghav went angrily.

They told me to get into a car. I saw Raghav. I went to him and clutched his hands. "I will come with you." He said. He opened the car door and I saw HIM sitting there. 

I immediately found Raghav going there and sit. I sat near Raghav. Raghav was sitting between me and Gautham. I can feel his gaze on me. I turned as much as I can and looked at the window side. Raghav's dad sat in the front with the driver.

"Ranjith will be coming after we reach Cochin Gautham. He is here to see Rohit. Shiva is on the way. He will come here by evening." He said. "Oh that's good uncle." He said. We were going down the hills.

Raghav was clenching his fists. He is so damn angry. I immediately put my hands on his. He looked at me. I gestured him to be calm. He looked away then. I was looking at the window. I was still holding Raghav's wrist.

I just looked away at the window. "Hey." I heard his voice. I turned. "Are you okay?" He asked. Tears dropped but I wiped it and nodded. I was looking at the window. Now my brain started to work. How is he even related to Raghav? Is he is cousin or a friend? 

But whenever I think of him, all those memories come again.

PAST (5 YEARS AGO)

I was in Pavithra's room. She is sitting with full make-up. Very simple only. "Pavi, I am so jealous of you. Found your man of dreams so soon." I said and hugged her from behind. "Hey, don't worry di, even you will find yours soon." She said and smiled. 

Me and Pavithra know each other for 15 years. We were neighbors, our fathers worked in the same office, my mom and her mom are friends and we both studied in the same school till +2. But she went to Kerala for her studies and I stayed here.

Now, she is getting married so quickly. She is getting married to her dad's friend's son. Their family found about their love and this marriage is happening. "I am so excited to meet my friends from Kerala. I think they are here now." She said.

I immediately got a call. From mom. "Hey it's mom. I will attend and come." I said. I was not getting signal. All the kids were running here and there. The house was decorated with flowers and yellow fairy lights. I was scrolling my phone and busy calling my mom but suddenly someone hit me on my shoulder.

I was about to fall and I closed my eyes tightly to bear the pain. But a strong pair of hands held my shoulder. I opened my eyes to see a man. He was looking like a Malayali. His face cut was like that. He was looking smart. 

Our eyes were locked for a few moments and then we came back to our senses and I stood back. "I am so sorry. I did not look at you." I said. "It's okay, it is my mistake too. Even I am responsible." He said. 

"No... no. I was so much into my phone. Thank you for holding me." I said. "If girls like you fall, our heart will break into pieces." He said and smiled at me. What? He is literally flirting with me. "Excuse me?" I asked. "Yes, of course." He said. "Well, well, meeting this heavenly beauty was the god's plan I guess." He said and went.

That was my first meeting with Gautham. We met in Pavithra's marriage.

PAST ENDS AS OF NOW

We reached the airport. Raghav's dad had a private jet!!! Of course, he is from a rich family. Yes. We went near the jet. It was small but it was classy. I got into it. I sat near Raghav. Gautham was opposite to me. 

Oh my god, okay, anyways. I was leaning on the seat and stretched myself. I closed my eyes tightly. Such was my body pain and my mood. 

RAGHAV

Ankita's hands had the mark. She is crying because of Rohit!!! That man, he needs to go to hell!!! And on top of that, this headache. I need to obey. Why? And moreover this Gautham.  He is another one. Since he became a part of my family, what good happened?

PAST (3 YEARS AGO)

"I know. She is not the same. She is controlling herself." I told him. "Raghav, it is between me and Supriya, just stay away. It is our life." He said. "Oh really, it's been three months and she told me. I wanted her to see happy but you are thinking about your lover. You are the one who threw her away, don't forget that." I said.

"You know about Supriya since our childhood days. She never says anything but now she came and cried. She is very much hurt." I said. "See Raghav, I am trying my level best to forget her and Supriya is like my friend. You all made me marry her and did not give me time to recover." He said.

"WHAT?" I held his collar the next second. "You know what, YOU said okay for the marriage and we asked you MANY times. Now she came with the thought that you will make her happy and NOW, you showed your true face. Supriya and me are very close and if you make my sister cry, the that's it." I said and left.

His behavior is making me frustrated and he is just not even bothered to look at her. Supriya is very close to me and I am really sensitive when it comes to her matters. And this guy is playing with her emotions. What is he thinking of himself?

PAST ENDS AS OF NOW

Ankita was closing her eyes and she was leaning. I was looking at her. She was worn out of energy completely. Oh my, she is very tired. I saw her hands. Still, some marks were there. She cried so much because of that.

She cried hugging me. She is a very good soul. But I just now realized, whenever Gautham looked at Ankita, he is very uncomfortable. I saw him. He was looking very tensed. My father was looking at his mobile.

I just diverted away from those thoughts. Ankita should be safe and with me. I need to handle this situation calmly. I wish my past memories of joy, love and affection, which turned to pain never haunts me when I go there. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, how was the chapter? I hope you liked it. And I will publish the cast after the next chapter. I did not get the cast for some characters. And it will be easy for you guys to understand the cast after the next chapter.

 Read this chapter until then and please do vote for me :)