A DAY AT RAGHAV'S HOUSE

ANKITA

I woke up from the bed. I had a nice sleep last night. And from tomorrow, Raghav will go to office. Others will be going to office today as it was Monday. I saw the clock hanging on the wall to see the time. It was 7.00AM. I went and refreshed myself. 

I went outside to see if anyone was awake. I went to the kitchen. I saw Raghav's mother and his aunts in the kitchen. One of his aunts saw me and called me, "Ankita, when did you come here?" She asked me kindly.

I stepped inside the kitchen and told her, "No aunty, I came just now. Is there anything I can do?" I asked her. Now Raghav's another aunt joined our conversation, "It's okay Ankita, no problem, we will make it. You go and take some rest." She told. 

"It's okay aunty, I can do some small help...." I told them. "Ankita, let us make it. You have come here as a guest. We will call you if we want." I heard Raghav's mom tell this. She was still working in the kitchen. She had a bold and articulate voice. It was a commanding tone. I thought of respecting her and silently went to my room. 

As I closed my room door, immediately someone knocked it. I opened the door to see Supriya. "Good morning Ankita, hope you had a good sleep last night." She said with a bright smile. "Yeah, had a nice sleep, I hope you too had a good one." 

"When did you wake up?" She asked me after sitting on the couch which was next to the door. "Half-an-hour ago." I said as I sat on the bed. "Even I woke up before 30 mins and refreshed just now. I never thought you would be up so early." She told.

"I am an early bird. So I woke up." I said. I then told her about what happened in the kitchen today morning. "Oh, so then you came up." She asked me. "Yes. Did I ask something which she doesn't like?" I asked her. 

 "Um... it's not like that, but Valliayama prefers to make food for everyone along with my other aunts, and that too Raghav came na? It is her way, you know, sometimes she does not allow me too. That doesn't mean that she is not kind, but some people feel comfortable with some stuff na, and she wants to treat any guest by not making them work, so, maybe that is why she told like that." She explained me.

Oh... so she expresses her care like this. That is nice, but I got scared. I think I need some time to understand her. I heard that everyone respects her so much and at the same time, everyone is scared of her too. 

I decided to go for breakfast after taking bath. I went down to the dining hall to see the breakfast was ready to be served. I was about to enter into the kitchen when someone bumped on me. I turned to see who the person was. It was the last person who I want to see in my life. 

"Sorry." He whispered and went inside so fast. He was palpitating. I saw Supriya inside the dining hall. "Ankita, come inside." She came and made me sit near her. She was sitting next to Gautham.

I heard the chair next to me move. I turned to see Raghav. "Good morning." He gave me a smile and sat next to me. After the lunch drama, he came for dinner. At last, he is now coming for all the meals.

Soon everyone came and had the breakfast. Krithi and Charan were in their school uniform. Others were in their formal wear. After breakfast, all the men, except Raghav, went to office. Raghav's mom and his aunts went to see their respective work. 

Raghav felt a bit tired today too. He told me he wanted to rest. He fought so many single-handedly and got hurt. With that daily travel. He must relax. He went and slept. Me and Supriya were talking with each other.

She told me about her household. "Our grandfather started the Krishan Group of Companies during the late 1950s. He believes in family trust and support. He wanted his sons to live with their families as a joint family.