BROTHER AND SISTER

SUPRIYA

I got up to check the time in my phone. My lock screen showed the time was 4.15PM. I remembered that I fell asleep as I was reading a weekly magazine. I got up and looked around to see if Gautham was here.

There was no sign of him, except his small luggage which he took with him to Coorg. I then tied my hair to put a ponytail and then walked into the bathroom to wash my face. As I finished washing, I took a white towel which was in hanging on the door and wiped my face.

I then looked at myself in the mirror. I felt fresh now, but the emptiness of my emotions was still present. I touched my cheeks to feel that it was moist. My cheeks had been like this not only because I washed my face but also because of my so-called husband. For the past two-and-a-half years.

But today, some of my emotions came back to fill the emptiness. Its only because of Raghav. I felt relieved after he came back. I gave a small smile to myself after a long time. I am happy that I did not forget that. I feel like I got my pillar of support back.

With that comfortable feeling, I proceeded towards the kitchen to make tea for everyone. I make tea for everyone in the evening, and I love tea. Everyone loves tea in our household except Raghav, who was a coffee lover. He is different from everyone in almost all the aspects.

I think he must be resting well in his room. And his friend too, Ankita. She was a sweet girl, she really cared for Raghav. Even she must be resting well. I passed the common balcony to reach the stairs but something in the balcony caught my eye. I went to see what caught my attention.

Oh my, Ankita?? Why is she sleeping here? That too in this hot sun? I went near her and shook her slowly. "Ankita... Ankita..." Ankita's eyes crumpled and then she slowly opened her eyes. "Its me, Supriya." Her eyes widely opened and then she got up immediately and stood next to me. "Sit down, sit down." I said and sat near her.

"Oh, sorry Supriya, I never knew you came here. I never knew when I slept..." She began apologizing. "Its okay Ankita, no problem. I came just now. Why are you sleeping in this open balcony in this hot sun? You could have slept in your room na?" I asked her.

"Actually Supriya, I was so tired, I was not able to find my room, you know, since it is a new place, so I found this balcony and thought of sitting sometime and I never knew when I fell asleep." She said, in a drowsy tone.

"Oh, I know, since you are not familiar with our house, it must have been difficult for you to find your room. You could have called Raghav na?" I asked her. "I left my phone in the room, and Raghav is so tired, I thought not to disturb him." She spoke. "No problem, Ankita. You will be familiar with it after a while. Just remember that your room is between mine and Raghav's." I told her.

She then smiled at me. Just then I noticed, her eyes were bloated. Did she cry? "Ankita, your eyes are bloated. Did you cry or something?" I asked her. She looked a bit hesitant to answer me. "No Ankita, I asked for courtesy. If you are not comfortable in answering that, then you need not tell me, or tell me later when you feel comfortable." I said. She then nodded silently.

"If you want to rest more, I will show your room." I told her. "No Supriya, I think I rested well, thank you." She said and gave a smile. "Oh good, then are you coming to make some tea for everyone with me?" I asked her. She must be feeling lonely, with Raghav resting.

"Yeah sure, I would love to." She said. We went to the kitchen together. "Are you making tea for Raghav too?" She asked me as I proceeded to make tea. "No, I will make him coffee. He loves coffee na?" I said. She smiled. She knows Raghav's likes and dislikes too. How did Raghav get to know her? How they became good friends? I was very curious to know that story.

I finished making tea for everyone and slowly all the people came and took the tea. Ankita too had tea with me. "You make very good tea Supriya. Let me make tea for tomorrow. You give me instructions, okay?" She told me. "Thank you, Ankita, definitely I will tell you." We smiled at each other.

I then saw the dining table. Two cups were there. Onne coffee and one tea. Those two did not show up. Gautham and Raghav. "Those two drink cold coffee and cold tea always." I told Ankita. "Which two?" She asked me. "Raghav and Gautham." I said. "Really? Raghav told me he hates coffee when it is cold..." She told. "It's true, but he is lazy, you know, to heat his coffee and drink. He pours that into his mouth." I said and we both laughed a bit.

I then saw they both come inside the same time. Raghav from my left and Gautham from the right. They both came fast and then they took the cup on either side. I kept them in different cups. They then took a pause and looked at each other. Raghav was glaring at Gautham and Gautham glared at the same level.

They immediately took their cups and still glared at each other. Those two never noticed us both standing over there inside the kitchen. They then poured their respective beverages which became so cold as I made them half an hour before into their mouths so fast.

They finished it and then looked into their cups with crumbling face. "Shit... Did I just drink... TEA?" Raghav let a loud cry. "I drank... COFFEE." Gautham too let a loud cry. Me and Ankita were looking at those two and laughed silently. "Why can't you look at the cup properly?" Raghav shouted. "Even you never looked at the cup." Gautham shouted back. "Careless idiot." Raghav shouted and stormed off. "Same to you, loser." Gautham shouted and left.

It was similar like those old days when those two fought. But it was different this time. Their tones were different. Their intention to say such things were different. Now they were not the same. Even I was not the same old Supriya. I see it differently. "It was like those old days but now it is completely different." I told Ankita.

"Don't worry Supriya. Everything will change one day." She told me and gave a small smile. I smiled at her back. I hope it changes. Really hope it changes.

ANKITA

Supriya then showed me my room and I got refreshed. She was so caring and understood that I am trying to adapt myself. She is a sweet sister to Raghav. And she really hopes to get her brother back. She will, one day, I am confident.

I then sat on the bed and called my parents. They must be worried about me. I called my dad and told him what happened. "Is it so? That Rohit rascal.... How dare he come and torture you there... I am glad that Raghav's brother saved you Annu." My dad told me with relief. "Yes dad, and Rohit may come back to trouble you to get me, just in case. Shiva told he will protect you from him." I told him.

"Okay Annu, be safe over there. I can understand. It's for our safety too. Call us daily and tell me how you are. Amma is worried about you. We will pray for all of you, okay?" My dad told me. "Yes Appa, sure, tell mom not to be afraid and I am fine here. Will call you later Appa, bye." I told my dad and cut the call.

Just then I heard the door knock. I went and opened the door to see Raghav. "Come in Raghav." I told him and closed the door. "Ankita." He called me. I went near him, and he looked at me and said, " I will be going to office from day after tomorrow. Is it okay for you?" He asked me in a concerned tone. "Yes Raghav, go. I have Supriya with me na, I will manage." I said.

"Ankita, please trust Supriya alone, okay? Don't trust any other person." He said as he held my hands. "Raghav, come on, I will trust only her, okay?" I told him. I did not want to make him angry. I know his family is a good family, but he doesn't trust them because of Raghavi's death.

"Good. I am concerned about you. I will call you every day from the office, okay?" He said. "Raghav, I am not a baby, I am a grown up, okay? Don't worry about me." I assured him. They are good people. He is telling about them as if they are some dangerous people.

But he cares so much for me. I am happy about it. " And you too should take care, okay? Don't get upset for everything." I told him. I pray he should not get angry. "Okay, I will meet Supriya and come. We will meet at dinner." He said and went.

Raghav and Supriya. They both are somewhat same when they care for the people. A good pair of cousins.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey readers, enjoy the update :)