The O.W.L Exams

"Today begins your O.W.L exams. A number of ministry instructors are here to give them. Exams will take place over the course of the next two weeks. Exams will be split into two parts, theory and practical application. I must warn you that the most stringent anti cheating spells have been added to your exam papers. No student has successfully cheated on an O.W.L in a century, though every year someone tries it. Naturally, cheating will not be suffered and any student caught will be expelled from Hogwarts.

After a whole day of exams they were on their last one for the day. Astronomy with Professor Tofty. As the four were taking their exam, Ron pointed something out.

"Oi! That's Umbridge down there!"

"They're heading for Hagrids Ron!" Harry exclaimed, as the others turned their attention to the hut.

"Eyes back on the sky please. There are only twenty minutes left of your exam."

Everyone continued to look at the hut, seeing a burst of white light radiate throughout the hut. The door bursts open and Hagrid tumbles out, and the six shadows fire stunning spells at him.

"No!" Carson shouted.

"Be reasonable Hagrid!" One auror called out, as Hagrid was thrashing around. Hagrid yells out something nobody could decipher. The aurors fired something at Hagrid, as Fang came out and tackled one of them. Hagrid pulled Fang away, as he got hit with a hex, Hagrid roaring in rage.

As the aurors are fighting Hagrid, Professor McGonagall storms out, Ron noticing her presence.

"Look! McGonagall will sort this out!"

"Stop! How dare you! How dare you!" She shouts, breaking into a run to the cabin.

"Stop this immediately! Enough!" she shouted again, as she drew her wand. Swiftly, the attack sent four stunning spells her way, not even sparing her a glance.

"NO!" Carson shouted, as she hurled backwards and crashed into a wall. She hit the wall and fell to the ground, not moving. Everyone screamed at the sight, and Professor Tofty gasped and swung a hand to her mouth.

"Not even a warning!"

Most students ran to the door, Carson leading but running out to Professor McGonagall.

"Professor! Professor! Please don't be dead!" Carson shouted, putting a hand on her neck, checking her pulse. There was still a heartbeat, she was alive.

As Carson was watching over Professor McGonagall, Hagrid was roaring in anger. "COWARDS!"

"Get him! Get him!" Umbridge cried, and the aurors kept fighting.

Hagrid avoided the stunning spells, took Fang over his shoulder, and bolted into the forest. Everyone ran down to Professor McGonagall, Professor Sprout leaning down.

"Get her to the hospital wing right away Mr. Marshall. No detours, nothing at all. Do you understand?"

"Yes Professor Sprout."

Professor Flitwick levitated Professor McGonagall and together the two took her to the hospital wing.

The next day everyone was waiting for news about Professor McGonagall, they were sitting at desks instead of house tables in the great hall before they started their exam.

"Before we begin, I have an update on Professor McGonagall. She will be alright, and is resting in the hospital wing." The leading professor told the students, and a sigh of relief was heard from everyone.

"You may now turn your paper and begin."

The students started taking their exams in silence, Hermione and Carson writing out complete answers and making sure every question is correct. Harry was doing alright, there were some things he knew and there were things he didn't. Ron looked like he was doing alright as well. A little less confident than Harry but that's alright.

Towards the end of the exam, Harry dropped to the floor and started twitching, and soon so did Carson. They both saw Sirius and Steven being held by death eaters and Voldemort himself.

"Can you reach it for me? Can you reach it for me Black?"

"I would rather die!"

"What about you Marshall?"

"Never!"

"Oh, you will die. Eventually. But there are hours, even days of pain awaiting for you until then." Voldemort told them, as they screamed in agony. They were both under the cruciatus curse.

He released them both, Sirius and Steven dropping to the ground and gasping for air. "I'm going to enjoy killing you Black, Marshall. If only your son had just stayed dead, you would've handed it over. I can make that happen though. Don't you worry."

The room fades out, as Carson and Harry wake up. They both look at each other in shock, and Professor Marchbanks rushes over and escorts them out of the great hall.

"Are you alright Potter? How about you Marshall?" They both shook their heads as an answer.

"Pressure of exams. It happens. Take a breath and maybe you'll be ready to go back in. Time is nearly up but..."

"No. No we've done all we can." Harry told the Professor, and he went back into the great hall to continue moderating the exam. Soon after, Hermione and Ron rush out to the two.

"Are you guys okay?" Ron asked, as Hermione grabbed Carson's hand in hers.

"Voldemort! He's got Sirius in the department of mysteries!"

"Don't forget my father is there too Potter!"

"What?! Are you sure? How do you know?"

"I saw it! How are we going to get there?"

"To the department of mysteries? Are you nutters?"