The Chosen One

"You're lucky you weren't killed Harry. You too Carson." Hermione told him, as Harry nodded. "You have to realize who you are, Harry."

"I know who I am, Hermione, alright?" Harry snapped harshly, Carson glaring at him, "Sorry."

"So tell me what Arthur said before the fire." Hermione asked, as Carson coughed. He still had some smoke in his lungs, but he would be fine.

"If Dumbledore's traveling places, it's news to the Ministry. But get this: that night at Borgin & Burkes? It seems Draco was looking at a Vanishing Cabinet."

"What would Draco want with a Vanishing Cabinet?"

"You tell me Hermione."

"I know! I know what he could want!"

"What is it love?"

"Now I'm not sure if this would work, but it could sneak things in or out. If there's a second one. There might be one here for all we know. This place is huge."

"Good theory but I don't think so, Carson." Harry dismissed.

"He looks different, don't you think? Draco. Almost... ill." Hermione asked, Carson shrugging his shoulders.

"Who could tell the difference? He's always that pale." Carson commented.

"Lav, c'mon. Of course I'll wear it." The three heard Ron exclaim happily.

"That's my Won-Won! Do you like it?"

"I love it!"

"Carson and I are going to go, have fun Harry!" Hermione mentioned taking Carson away from Ron and Lavender. She was happy for Ron, she just didn't want to see that.

The couple walked to the hospital wing to get a potion for Carson.

"What can I do for you Mr. Marshall?" Madame Pomfrey asked the boy.

"Do you have any potion to get rid of my cough? There was a fire and I inhaled a lot of smoke." Carson explained.

"Oh yes, I heard about that. I'm sorry dear boy, but I can whip some up for you right away."

"Thank you."

The couple got his potion soon after and he downed it there and then. Once he was all good to go, they returned to the common room. Harry told them about his mission and how he asked Slughorn for the memory.

"Did you actually expect you could just walk up to Ol' Sluggy and ask him to reveal his deepest, darkest secret? Honestly, Harry, sometimes I think the Daily Prophet should call you the Dim One."

"Nice one 'Mione!" Carson commented.

"You're going to have to persuade him somehow. And now, I'm afraid, you've made it a lot harder."

"Hermione, Carson, I think Malfoy's leaving the castle. I've seen it. Sometimes... sometimes he just disappears off the Map"

"The map is wrong then. Nobody can leave the castle! The amount of security, he would get caught." Carson informed.

"The Map is never wrong." Harry told them.

Hermione shook her head, then got up and went up to the dorms. Harry and Carson went to Harry's dorm and saw Ron next to a box of chocolates.

"It's beautiful, isn't it? The moon." Ron said dremily.

"Divine. Had ourselves a little late-night snack, did we?" Carson asked, motioning to the chocolates.

"It was on your bed Harry. The box. Thought I'd try one..."

"Or twenty."

"I can't stop thinking about her, Harry."

"Well I would hope so. You sound like you're in love with her most of the time." Carson told him, remembering Ron and Lavender's relationship.

"I think... I think I love her."

"Excuse me?"

"Well... Brilliant."

"Do you think she knows I exist?"

"What the hell are you talking about? You've been snogging her all year! Of course she does!" Carson told him.

"Snogging? Who're you talking about?"