Chapter 32: Come Back

JENNIE

We are now here at the Emergency room. Doctors and nurses have gathered around because our priority is to save these two patients, especially this woman lying lifelessly in front of me.

"Seonsaengnim (doctor), she's losing too much blood," Namjoon said as he checks between Lisa's bloody chest and the monitor connected to her heart.

"I know, that's why we need to work faster. Please continue to give oxygen into her lungs," I order Jong Suk, and he quickly pumps the bag valve mask that covered Lisa's nose and mouth to ventilate her.

I can't help the shaking of my voice while giving orders to my team, and the abnormal beeping sound of Lisa's heart isn't helping me either.

~^~^~--------

No.

"She has a Cardiac arrest," Namjoon stated, and our movements together with the adrenaline rush came into action.

"Charge 150 joules," I said to the nurse, and she quickly gave me the defibrillator and charged it to the stated dose. The doctors and nurses step aside for a while as I ready the shock, rubbing the paddles together.

"150 joules, Clear!" I said loudly, and Lisa's body arch because of the shock, but her heartbeat is still in a flatline.

Please don't do this, Lisa.

"200 joules charge... Clear!" I higher the dose and did it again. The tears in my eyes are starting to blur my vision, but I didn't dare to stop because if I do, I will lose her, and I won't let that happen.

I then look at the monitor but still nothing until Namjoon looks at me with a mixture of sadness and worried expressions.

"Her vitals...isn't changing," he announces, but I aggressively shook my head, and so my tears escape my eyes. Then, I put down the paddles harshly and move towards Lisa's body to do CPR instead.

Don't you dare leave me.

"Hana, dul, set." I counted as I start pumping on her chest continuously but silently crying, and my tears continue to pour down on my face, but no one's giving up, and I will never give up on her.

"Come back to me," I mumble while panting, still pumping on the unconscious Captain, eyes still closed.

"------------"

"Lisa-yah."

_________

"Lalisa!" someone called behind the Captain, who is still looking around a place she thought is a paradise, but a lot brighter?

Lisa turns around to see a silhouette running towards her, and so she squinted her eyes to see who it was.

"Hey there, Captain."

When the person's face came out into the bright shade, Lisa's eyes widen in surprise.

"Hyun?" Lisa immediately runs towards him, and they both hug each other.

"Oh my gosh, this is a dream," Lisa stated, but still, she hugged her brother tightly because she's sure this is a dream, so she grabs this opportunity to hold him in her arms.

This isn't a nightmare, because she didn't see any blood nor hear a loud cry, but quite the opposite, as they are surrounded with peace and a heavenly view of paradise, which is the first time Lisa has dreamt of.

"Wow, look at you, all grown up looking beautiful," Hyun scans his eyes towards his sister, looking proud and astonished.

"And you look the same, surprisingly," Lisa replied, and they both laugh softly.