Chapter 7: It was nice knowing you

Lisa's Pov

After our previous operation, we're now back here at the barracks. I can see we've worked hard for the last couple of months and been through different missions.

I look at my team as they start putting down their heavy gears, they have scratches and some dirt on their faces, same as me. I see them standing straight after putting down their things as they wait for me to speak.

"Good job everyone, you all did well," I said while I scan their faces and making sure they're in a good condition.

"Thank you, Captain," they said at the same time.

"Before doing a roll call, check your equipment first," Seulgi as the master sergeant said to them as they start rummaging their things that needed to be check.

They've sent us to an isolated place where terrorists threaten to plant explosives underground, and once we've accomplished the mission, the General ordered us to come back here immediately. We traveled for almost 13 hours just to get here as fast as we can.

As we are about to unpack our things, someone opens the door and the General comes in.

"Attention!" I said to my team and they immediately stood still.

"At ease," the General said. He was now standing in front of us while we are facing each other.

"At ease," I then commanded my team.

We are standing with our arms tucked at the back, feet were slightly parted while we wait for the General to continue.

 General Kwon Ji-yong

"You all did a very good job in your last mission," he said while observing us.

"Is there anyone wounded?" the General asks.

"Amudo eobs-seubnida (no one sir), everyone is doing fine," I answered him attentively.

"That's good, gomapda (thank you.)," he said sincerely. He pause for a moment while looking at his side where his secretary soldier was standing before he speaks again.

"I'm here today because I know you all work hard in doing operations and dangerous assignments for almost 4 months. If you can still remember what Lieutenant Lee told you back then in Syria in a joint operation, he had mentioned that it has something to do with your team," he pauses then continue.

"So I came here to tell you that, I've decided to send your team on an eight-months holiday." he said, and I can't help but look at his direction, my eyes went wide as I ask him.

"Where to, sir?" I look at him intently.

"To Lithuania," he said seriously, he looks at me then back to my team.

"You only have two weeks to meet your girlfriends or boyfriends and also your families before you come back here and wait for your take-off." He looks at Seulgi and to the other members. 

It was silent for a moment.

The General heaves a sigh before speaking once more.

"Go. Pack up and leave as soon as you're ready. That's all. Heasan. (Dismissed)." The General said and ready to leave the room.

"Dang-yeol" I salute him before he was out of sight.

"........"

No one dares to speak yet.

"I don't get it, what does it mean a holiday? And also, for eight months?!" It's Dahyun who breaks the silence as she asks Wendy and Joy. She's the youngest and the newest member of our team that's why she has still a lot to learn.

"It means we are being deployed, a holiday is the other word for deployment. We have to join the other normal soldiers there, so it means we are not at the special forces for the time being, no emergency missions or what so ever." Wendy explained.

"Daebak, so we're going to leave the country?" Dahyun said excitedly, she then starts jumping around together with Joy who has the same reaction as her. They're happy about it.

While Seulgi and I are still standing with a dismayed face, it was unexpected for us, I thought we still have two months before our deployment.

I'm thinking about Jennie, I still feel bad about leaving her in the middle of our date, I know she said it's okay if I go, but for me, it's not. Base on her reaction, I know she's disappointed about me leaving, I mean who wouldn't.

I just sigh, looking at Seulgi who's looking down at her shoes. I know her, even though she wouldn't talk to me about what's her status with Irene a.k.a. Bae Joohyun, she still cares about her, I can clearly see it in her eyes.

So I patted her shoulders and give her a small smile, she just smiled sadly.

"Let's go, I'll drop you off to her apartment and please don't run away this time, you won't see her for eight months so try to say goodbye properly." I said to her.

"I'll get ready." she said before going out of the room.

Wendy, Joy, and Dahyun are done unpacking and checking their things so they also start to head off.

I only have 2 weeks to see Jennie, and I'm not quite sure if she still wanted to see me again after I stood her up twice.

~~~~~