ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕋𝕨𝕠 // ℕ𝕖𝕨 ℍ𝕠𝕞𝕖

Sawyer's POV

I couldn't believe my eyes or ears. My whole life I was told these stories. One's where this group of children my grandma included would be able to do crazy things. Peculiar, as my grandma called it. I never truly believed it was real, but here I am, standing on the dock, in front of the people whose picture's I memorized. Emma, Enoch, Millard, and Bronwyn all stood before me in a small group.

Emma's warm gloved hand pulled back and I could tell I looked shocked. I mean how else would you react to seeing such a crazy sight.

"I, uh-, god, I can't believe I'm meeting you. I-I was told who you guys were my whole life, I just never believed the stories!" I say, shock and confusion coursing through my soul.

"Well, keep your voice down, you never know who may be listening," Emma chuckled, "But, come on. We should get back."

I nodded and picked up my bags and they just looked at me like I was crazy. Except for Enoch, who seemed to not even be able to look in my general direction.

"What, why's everyone staring at me?" I question, becoming more uncomfortable by the second. I hated being the center of attention, it just gives more chances for people to find reasons to hate me.

Bronwyn stepped forward," I bet your bags are heavy. Here let me take them."

I mentally facepalm. Of course they would expect her to take them, she's as strong as 10 men. I hand my bags to her and she seems to lift them as if they were feathers.

They all started turning around and I had to run to catch up to them. I feel in step with Emma and Enoch at the back.

"So, Sawyer, what brings you to live with us?" Emma decides to ask, which in turn makes Enoch scoff. She sent him a quick glare before turning her attention back to me.

"Uh, my grandma. She's sick. She said I would need someone to care for me and help me find who I am," I say sadly, holding back the tears that threatened to spill.

"Oh, well I'm sorry for your loss. You grandma was a very great person," Emma responded with a sad smile. I looked up at the tall boy next to me. Even he had a sad look upon his grumpy expression.

"Did you know her well? I-I mean, well she told me. About you guys," I stumbled over my words like an idiot. Emma only smiled at me.

"Yeah, we used to be the best of friends," Emma said, looking off into the distance.

"Yeah, your grandma was a really cool person," Millard chimed in as he turned around. I laughed a bit, reliving good memories of my grandma.

"You know she was really cool. Until she left," Enoch said. Everyone stopped in their tracks and looked at him. I looked up at him, anger and sadness ran through my veins heavily.

"Enoch, be nice," Emma hissed. She seemed pained by his words, and I was too.

"What, I'm just telling the truth. She left us. Just like Abe did. Just like she will," Enoch said, pointing at me for the last part. He looked angry, angry that I was even here.

Emma stormed off, not by much, just up ahead to a cave entrance.

"You know, Enoch, you are as much as a jerk as she told me," I spat back at him, walking over to Emma, who had her arms crossed.
____________________________________

"Okay, what are we doing?" I ask, confusion evident on my face. We were all just standing around the cave entrance where Emma stormed off too. I had no idea what was going on or where we were. Enoch scoffed again.

"We're waiting to enter the loop," Emma said casually.

"Why are we waiting?" I question again. I felt stupid compared to these guys. This must be normal for them, and they must be getting annoyed by my questions.