ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝔼𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 // 𝔹𝕦𝕥𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕗𝕝𝕚𝕖𝕤

Sawyer's POV

September 3rd, 1940 // August 10th, 2016

When the rain fell, we knew we were screwed. We both got up in a hurry, realizing Miss Peregrine was going to kill us for being out so late. We ran back towards the large house, noticing the lights were still on inside and no one was outside yet. We had made it back before reset.

We walked into the house, trying to catch our breath as we walked into the parlor where everyone else was. The children held a sympathetic look on their face while Miss Peregrine held the most pissed look I've ever seen on anyone. Enoch sighed behind me; "We'll be in your office Miss Peregrine." He grabbed my arm and pulled me away to her office as we heard everyone else grab gas masks and walk out of the house. How did I always end up at her office?
-----------------------------------------------------

We were sitting in chairs in her office when she walked in. Enoch and I had watched the reset through the windows, but we didn't need to, to realize time had gone back. It left a strange feeling inside you, one that's unexplainable.

She sat on the opposite side of the desk before speaking to us, the same angry look set into her normally mother-like features. "Where were you too?"

"I was in the forest," I said before Enoch could. Miss Peregrine wanted us to avoid the beach and each other at the beach so the scenario that came true wouldn't happen. Enoch had looked at me, but had picked up on what I was doing.

"Yeah, and I went to find her for dinner but we ended up getting lost," Enoch said while looking Miss Peregrine in the eyes.

"Thank god he found me when he did, I thought I was completely lost," I said to her, also looking her directly in the eyes.

"So you were nowhere near the beach, correct?" She said, eyebrows raised. She was intimidating when she wanted to be.

"No, Miss Peregrine, we were nowhere near the beach," I said again as Enoch shook his head.
"Good, neither of you are to go there with one another," She said, finger pointed at us. "We don't need another incident to happen." We nodded in agreement, but the memories of earlier in the forbidden place ran through my heart and down my spine.

She sighed before dismissing us. The house outside the office was dark and quiet. We walked side by side as we made our way to our rooms. When we stood between them, facing each other before I opened my mouth to speak. But no words spilled from my lips.

"Don't say anything," his words were low and deeper than normal. I noticed his dark figure move towards me and then I felt his hand move to cover my cheek. It was warm against my skin. I didn't move a single muscle as I noticed him lean in towards my face. We breathed the same air before our lips had planted on one another's.

When we pulled away only a few seconds later, I looked up to his eyes, only to find them looking back at me. My hands were now placed onto his elbows, which were bent so his hands could hold my face.

"Good night, Enoch," I said breathlessly, still remembering the feeling of his breath on my face and the butterflies in my stomach.

"Good night, Sawyer," he responded. We stood there for a few moments not wanted to let go, before he pulled away and we turned to our rooms.

I looked over my shoulder one last time, to see his light on and his door closed, and then disappear into my separate room for the night. I fell asleep with a heavy heart and spinning thoughts, but it was one of the best sleeps in my life.
-----------------------------------------------------

Third Person POV

September 3rd, 1940 // August 12th, 2016

The next two days after their first kiss, Enoch and Sawyer didn't talk much. The only true interaction they held was when they did dishes and during meals. Sawyer spent two days wondering why Enoch wasn't talking to her and reading all about her peculiarity.
Enoch spent the days in his room working on homoniculi and wondering if Sawyer was thinking about him. He hadn't wanted to show that he cared, that would only raise suspicion with everyone. And truly, he didn't want anyone to know he had a heart.