Chapter 5

~Gray's P.O.V.~

        I waited outside the room that Juvia was in.  The doctors said I couldn't go in because of radiation or something.  I didn't mind really.  In fact, I don't really care what's wrong with Juvia.  As long as she's okay, who cares?  "GRAY!"  I turned to see Mira stomping down the hall.  Her eyes were red and puffy.  Had she been crying?  Jessie, Lucy, and Cana was behind her.

        "What?" I replied rudely, not really caring.  Mira angrily stopped towards me and suddenly my cheek started burning with pain.  Mira had just slapped me, hard.

        "Don't give me that nonchalant look!" she growled.  

        "Why are you so angry?" I asked, rubbing my sore cheek, but she just slapped my other cheek.

        "You were suppose to protect her!" Mira scowled, a dark aura around her.  I just shrugg.

        "She was suppose to take care of herself; she doesn't need me," I brush off.  "Anyways, why do you care?  She'll be fine."  Mira lets out a frustrated sigh just as the door opens.

        "How is she??" Cana asked the doctor.  That's when I realized that she was actually sober for once.

        "Well, it's definitely serious," the doctor said seriously.  "She won't be waking up anytime soon."

        "But is she okay??" Jessie urged.

        "Well, there are no physical injuries on her and honestly there is nothing wrong with her as far as I can see," the doctor explained.  "So, I think she'll be okay."

        "Tch, I told you," I muttered under my breath.

        "Can we go in and see her?" Mira asked.  The doctor nodded and both Cana, Lucy, and Mira immediately went in.  Jessie was about to go in too but she shot me a glare.

        "What?" I questioned.

        "How can you just sit there like everything's okay?" Jessie asked, anger noticeable in her tone.

        "Because everything is okay," I replied lamely.  "I don't know why you are so worried."  I touched her shoulder, but she pushed it away.

        "Don't touch me," she growled coldly, which caught me by surprise.  "I know you might not return Juvia's affection, but this?  This is just cold, even for you."  She shook her head in disappointment at me.  "I thought you were better than this Gray."  With that, she walked into the room, while I just stood there, shocked.  Am I really that terrible?  Is this really my fault?  I shook my head.  Nah, she'll be fine.  They're just overeacting.