Chapter 11

~Juvia's P.O.V.~

I ran across the street, dodging civilians as I do. It took me a couple seconds to realize that I didn't have to do that though. I guess that's what you call a force of habit...

"Juvia!!" I turned around to see Gray-sama panting, trying to catch up to me.

"O-oh, gomen Gray-sama," I apologized. "Was Juvia too fast?"

"Well...you were going through some people," Gray-sama said, slightly panting.

"Juvia was?" I said. I was surprised. I didn't think I did..?

"Well yeah.." Gray-sama sweatdropped.

"But Juvia didn't.." I paused, my mind getting a bit hazy.

"Didn't..?" Gray-sama's voice brought the haziness way. I shook my head and waved my hands.

"Iya, nevermind," I waved off. Gray-sama looked at me weirdly, but I exclaimed something so that he wouldn't notice. "W'we're here anyways Gray-sama!" I point to the café that was behind me.

"'Little Big Café'?" Gray-sama sweatdropped, reading off of the sign. I nodded with a broad smile.

"it's one of Juvia's favorite places to eat," I explained. "Juvia was hoping to visit it with Gray-sama after the mission, but, well..." My smile faltered for a bit, remembering how Gray-sama had cruelly rejected me. I lightly shook my head to stop the tears and continued smiling. "So, will you please eat here for Juvia?" Gray-sama rolled his eyes but nodded. I smiled and went through the door, finally getting the hang of it. Gray-sama opened the door, resulting in the bell above the door to ring.

"Welcome to Little Big Café!" a woman at the counter smiled warmly. She was looking at Gray-sama, making my blood boil just a bit. I shouldn't blame her though; no one can see me but Gray-sama.

"Table for two--er--one please," Gray-sama quickly corrected. I sighed under my breath. I wish I could be seen with Gray-sama on a date...

"Okay, follow me please," the girl smiled sweetly...almost too sweetly... Gray-sama nodded and followed the girl to a table for two next to the window. Even though I was a "ghost", I still say on the other end. I need a plan to get Gray-sama's attention....maybe the silent treatment? No Juvia! Greg-san said that acting as myself would get Gray-sama to love me.

"So, what would you like Mr..?"

"Gray, just Gray is fine," Gray-sama answered. I pretended not to notice when our--his waitress leaned in, making her chest closer to him. Gray-sama didn't seem to notice though. -3- I looked out the window and noticed that it was a bit cloudy outside, but I shrugged it off. I went back through my memories, remembering the blurriness I felt in that moment. I might not have that much time after all.... I thought sadly. But I feel bad to rush things with Gray-sama...

~Gray's P.O.V.~

I ordered an ice water when the waitress had asked me what I would like to order. She gave me a flirtatious smile before walking away. I slightly scrunched my face when I noticed that she was slightly swaying her hips to and fro. I rolled my eyes. Girls are too flirtatious these days... I glanced over to Juvia, who was looking out the window. I looked out to, only to see the streets filled with couples. I frowned. Is she thinking about me and her? I thought about it for a moment, what life would be like if Juvia and I were a couple. How she'd always be by my side, how I could protect her--WAIT WHAT?! I shook my head, getting out all of these weird thoughts. I've felt so weird ever since this mission.. I thought in my head. What the hell's happening to me?

"Gray-sama, are you okay?" I almost jumped out of my skin when Juvia's voice entered my mind.

"U-uh, yeah, fine," I said quickly. I should be asking that... "You?" She hesitated for a moment before giggling. I drowned. "What?"

"People are looking at you Gray-sama," she giggled. My eyes widened and I looked at the people around me. Sure enough, they were giving me weird looks as if I was psychotic or something. I blush in embarrassment and shrink down into my seat. Great, just great.