chapter 13

Meanwhile..

~Greg's P.O.V.~

I slowly walked through the forest towards his house. I understand that he's old enough to make his own choices, but this was too much. "So this is where he lives?" I grunted, looking at the beaten up house in the middle of the forest. "I thought I taught him how to at least live properly.." Sighing and shaking my head in disappointment, I knock on the door.

"What is up with shitty people knocking on my door?!" a voice groaned really loud. Stomps were heard inside before he opened the door. He was wearing that old green coat over a stained white tank top over ripped jeans. His eyes widened when he saw me.

"Old ma-" I cut him off by grabbing ahold of the collar of his white shirt and pulling him towards me.

"Have you realized what you've done?" I growled in a dark tone, a vein popping out. His pupils shrunk in fear.

"I-I didn't-"

"Don't give me that shit Kai," I spat. "You know what you've done. You've used the Dark Arts against someone."

"D-D-Dark Arts?" he stuttered. "Y-you know I would never use that old man!" I harshly pushed him against the wall of his house.

"Is that so? Then why is a young girl with blue hair in a coma and in Spirit Form with the love of her life?"

"Y-you mean the mages?" he asked, his eyes widening.

"They're not just mages, they were a young couple!" I hissed.

"T-they didn't look like a couple to me," Kai sweatdropped. I sighed and rubbed my forehead, but let go of him.

"If you can't see that in them, then I never should've allowed you to move out," I sighed, suddenly getting a headache.

"How long does that chick have?" Kai frowned. I hit him with my cane. "Itay!" he yelped. "What??"

"You don't call a fair lady a 'chick'," I scolded him. "And she only has 2 days, because of you." Kai's eyes widened.

"I-I didn't mean to I swear--"

"It does not matter if you didn't mean to or not," I cut him off. "Either way, I can not help them now, only when they show their love together will the spell be broken." My stupid son opened his mouth to say something, but I whacked him in the arm with my cane before he could say what I knew he was thinking. "And no, we can not interfere. True love can not bloom with interference." Kai sighed and ran a hand through his hair.

"Then what can I do to atone??" he asked anxiously. I raised an eyebrow at him.

"You want to atone for what you have done?" I asked in disbelief. He nodded solemnly. I sighed and stroked my beard.

"I guess we could give them a little push, but nothing too extravagant," I responded hesitantly. Kai turned serious and nodded.

"I'll do anything to atone...old man," he smirked at the end of his sentence. I sighed and pinched the bridge of my nose.

"And just when I thought you were starting to be mature.." I groaned, suddenly getting a headache.