Chapter 8

~Juvia's P.O.V.~

        I walked silently next to Gray-sa--er, Gray.  Yeah, that's right, he rejected my love.  I wonder if he actually took what I said seriously or if he thinks it was another one of those common 'I love you's I always say?  Maybe if he mistook it the wrong way, that still could mean--  I shook my head.  Don't get so excited.  He meant what he said, common or real.  I silently sighed and looked down to my feet.  Right at that moment, I felt a single drop go through my body, sending a chill down my spine.  Oh yeah, that's right, I'm technically just an empty soul now.  

        I certainly feel like one..

        I looked up to see that it started to rain.  No, stop it Juvia!  You can't let other people suffer for your sadness.  I closed my eyes and thought about happy thoughts, like how I got to join the guild and when Lucy and I did a unison raid.  Thankfully, it worked and the sun's brightness came back.  I sighed a breath of relief and took a glance at Gray.  He didn't seemed to be fazed at all.  In fact, it seems as if he never noticed that it had rained for a second!  

        "We're here," Gray said nonchalantly, looking up at the house we visited at the beginning of this mission.  He gently knocked on the door and Greg-san opened the door.

        "Ah, you're back!" he said with a smile, but it immediately turned to a frown when he saw me.  Wait, he can see me?  "I see you got hit by one of his spells.." he sighed.  "Come on in."  Gray's eyes widened, surprised that he could see me, but he nodded and we both went in.  He gestured for us to sit in the same chairs we had sat on before we started the mission.  I was hesitant to whether or not I'd just fall through the chair, but it seemed that Greg-san already read my mind.  "Don't worry, you can sit on solid objects.  You just pass through humans," Greg-san smiled.  I was surprised that he knew that kind of information, but I smiled weakly and gently sat down on the chair.  

        "So, how can you see Juvia?" Gray asked.  Greg-san took a sip of the tea he was holding and sighed.

        "The man you were supposed to capture, he was tall young man who looked sloppy and was arrogant correct?"  Gray and I both nodded.  "Well, he is my son."

        "W-what?" we both sputtered in surprise.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ah, gomenasai for a short chapter!  I kinda rushed this a bit since I might not be able to work on this book for a while to work on my other books.  

Dark Crystal: *Spits out chip she was eating*  Wait wait wait, how long will it be until you work on this again?

Uh, that's yet to be decided...

It better be soon you know!  I wanna see this old guy's explanation!

...If you're me, don't you know already?

Well yeah, but I wanna see it in print, er, electronic print?  I don't know, just not in my head!

*sigh* Well, you gotta wait then..

Ughh, fiiine...