chapter 2

Karl's pov

It was a Thursday which means dad would be gone for work it sucked that he only went one day a week but I'm still glad he was gone, although I had school Thursday was my favorite day of the week. Before I go to school I want to get a few cuts in so I woke up early I grabbed my razor and made around 8 cuts in total cleaned up then left for school I didn't need breakfast I was putting on too much weight or that's what dad said he was right though I had gained 5 pounds since I had last weighed myself so I wasn't going to eat for a few days. I made it to school pretty quickly and again it was so hot but, I had to hide the bruises dad left and my cuts so a hoodie and sweats is what I have to wear well you know the old saying 'you get what you get and you don't throw a fit' cheers to another lame day.

------------------

I walked in to the school and was immediately  pushed down by Jayson he was alone this time though "do you need something" I asked as I stood back up he just continued to push me back down until I gave up and stayed there until he raised his hand and brought it back down to slap me. I was prepared for another one until I heard a voice I've never heard before ask "what's going on here" I looked up and it was one of the popular kids his name was clay but he was called dream.

(dream bully arc?!?!?!!?!?!!?1?)

"nothing" I said and stood up to leave but Jayson grabbed my arm "just teaching the freak of the school a lesson" he looked at me and Jayson then laughed, he turned around and started walking away (dream bully arc?!?!?!!?!?!!?1?) "well carry on then" he semi yelled then disappeared into the crowd of students Jayson turned his head back to me a smirked.

--------------------

After a few minutes of Jayson kicking me the bell rang I limped to class my ribs hurt but it'll go away soon enough, I walked into my first class and sat down in the back the teacher never called on me if I was in the back  the teacher started teacher then the rest is a blur I zoned out for half of the lesson.

When I got home I was gonna lay down but felt the need to do it now I grabbed the letter I wrote for my dad it read something along the lines of 'just know this is your fault hope your happy' I put the letter on the table and started walking to the bridge.

when I got there for about 30 minutes I just sat there thinking about how disappointed my mom would be if I followed in her footsteps and of all the memories I had with her before she commited on this same bridge, one of the best memories I have with her is when we went to the beach.

3rd person

"mom come onn hurry" younger Karl yelled hoping to build a sand castle before the sun sets "Karl we have to slow down we are gonna run into someone" Karl looked around at the mostly empty beach "who there's no one here mom" Karl and his mom moved down to the water so Karl could play in the water (ima name Karl's mom Janet) Janet slipped Karl's floaties on and let Karl run out to the water she was lucky her husband let her and her son go out today although it came with a price of a couple bruises her son was having fun.

soon the sun had almost set and they were late they were supposed to be home a few minutes ago and so here they were rushing home but they had fun that's all that mattered.

Karl's least favorite part of that memory was when they got home late and he was sent to his room but could still hear the sobs from his mom, and now here he was sitting on the bridge his mom jumped off about to do the same for the same reason, he hopped onto the ledge looking down "see you soon mom" he went to take a step then heard an unfamiliar voice call out

"hey wait don't do it its not worth it"

745 words