7- Like the old times

Hi my fellow readers, I'm glad that some you guys are enjoying reading this fanfic, even though it is quite long to update and edit each chapter. But the recent readers, views, votes, and comments are the reason I'm trying to finish editing the previous chapter before continuing the storyline. Thank you for your patience. Much love, author-nim Mabuchi xoxo

Kim's POV - Jimin just kissed my forehead... My hands were shaking too much that I couldn't unlock my front door. I gave up and just rang the door bell, my mom opened the door for me. She greeted me hello and said I should go to bed and tell her what happened tomorrow morning. I laid on my bed staring at the ceiling, and wondered why I felt bad for him... why I felt sad for him. I mean, he was the one who broke me after all, and while I could feel all of my broken pieces floating around inside of me and should have been angry at him, for some reason I wasn't. Maybe somewhere far in the back of my mind, I knew that he didn't do it on purpose. Maybe somewhere deep in the core of my heart, I knew that he was a good guy who happened to have made a bad mistake. Or maybe a part of me knew that breaking me broke him too... I don't know. But whatever it was it kept me awake that night, and instead of being angry at him, I felt bad and sad for. But this one little kiss, one kiss on the forehead is much sweeter than a thousand kiss on the lips. No lust but full of love and respect.

I reach my phone which was like on the other side of the bed to text Mark. I wanted to thank him. I didn't even ask him to do anything about Jimin and I. I thanked for doing this for me. I won't lose this opportunity, that Mark gave me, away. I also told him that I want to see him and give him a little something to thank him. Like I honestly don't know how am I supposed to give my gratitude this big. No words, no money, no actions can be given as a gift.

-"The only thing I want from you is happiness, Kim. Don't worry about it."

As I was reading the text messages that Mark sent me. I received another text message. Yo, it's Jimin. Are you free tomorrow? Wait. What? How did he get my phone number? I ran to my purse to check the little piece of paper with his phone number on it, just to verify if it's the same number and not some sort of joke. It's the same phone number.

Mark's POV - I am letting you go, Kim. I won't be like those selfish guys, that will have what they want. I'll miss you, you'll always stay in my heart, even during our little hiatus break, I kept thinking of you. At least, we found each other back. Don't worry Kim, I won't be more than your best friend... yeah, best friend.

I kind of miss how we used to talk every minute of the day and I was able to tell you everything on my mind. I miss our conversations. And I also think that some people are meant to fall in love with each other... but not meant to be together. And I honestly this is my situation right now. Having her as a friend is like a prized possession I have and will remain the best in my life's every way. Thanks for being my best friend Su Kim Han. 

As I was staring at my ceiling, I received a notification. I rolled over my bed to grab my phone to check who it was. I wasn't expecting much, maybe just a message from my manager or one of my teammates, but it was actually from Kim... Didn't quite believe it at first, but hey. 

kim - jc mark, you should've given me a heads up or something?

me - lmao wdym?

kim - stop fucking around mark, you shouldn't have...

me - hey, we might have lost contact for a while but you're still my best friend and you don't have to tell me how you're feeling. i just want you to be happy, that's all. 

kim - how can i thank you? mark, i love you so much! i just want to hug you right now

Kim, please don't say these words, it makes it harder for me... Please don't do this to me Kim Han. 

me - don't worry, that's what friends do. am i right;) 

kim - you're the best mark <3 how can i repay you?

me - the only thing i want from you is happiness, kim. don't worry about it 

Just be happy for me, Kim. Seeing you smile is enough. Thank you for being in my life, thank you for bringing me joy, thank you for being by my side, thank you for being my friend. 

Kim's POV - I texted Jimin for a while, he asked if I was free tomorrow. I obviously said yes. He told me we should go out and grab a cup of coffee. My eyes kept glancing at the time, begging it to go faster. My stomach growled, so I went down to the kitchen to get something to snack on. My mother was leaning on the counter, probably texting one of her friends. 

-'' Kim, do you remember Suyee? ''

-'' Yes, I do. What about her? '' 

-'' She invited me to her daughter's birthday party, do you want to join? ''

-'' Oh, when is it? ''

-'' Tomorrow around noon ''

-'' Oh mum, tomorrow I can't, I have plans with Jimin '' 

I swear to god, when she heard the name Jimin, she dropped her phone on the counter. Her face told everything. She was shocked and happy. 

-'' Oh sweetie, never mind the party. Go have fun with him '' 

-'' Moooom...'' 

I went back to my room, I hope things are going to turn out great tomorrow.