1.

I walked away from my house in Manburg, down the winding dirt road whilst in my own thoughts. I was excited to be able to leave the walls of this great country, as I wasn't allowed to before. I honestly don't know why Wilbur, our leader, was allowing me out in the first place, as there was a huge war going on in Manburg. I reached the treeline around the great lake, a prominent childhood memory present in my head. I used to come here all of the time with my father to play in the water, collect flowers and leaves, and draw. I reached the water and took a deep breath of the fresh air. It was peaceful. Up until that exact moment, I thought I had been alone, but I heard a twig snap somewhere behind me. I quickly drew my sword, and began to slowly turn around.

"Why so anxious, Princess?" the voice asked behind my back. I had recognized that voice from somewhere. I turned around to be greeted by a man, about 6'3, in black ripped jeans with a bright green hoodie that stands out against the mad orange trees. But what really stood out, was the white mask that laid atop his face, resting only over his eyes and nose. I could see his smirk growing from here.

"What is your business here, Dream?" I asked, as he was the one my great country was at war with.

"Ah, so you know who I am. I would like to know your name, princess," Dream cooed, almost creepily.

"I don't have to tell you anything," I scoff, not wanting to get myself into trouble with Wilbur. Dream strode over to me, and for some reason, I let him. He grabbed my hand and twisted it in a way that made me drop my sword. I let out a yelp, as he kicked it away effortlessly, and bent down close to my ear. I could feel his hot breath down my neck as he still held my wrist.

"When I ask you a question, I expect you to answer it," he growled, not so nicely this time.

"M-my name is Lorelei, but my friends call me Lor," I manage to squeak out, nervous about what he might do next. "Anyways, where are your little puppets, hmm? George and Snapmap, am I right?"

"It's Sapnap, but they're on their way to Manburg to burn down the surrounding forest." I looked at him straight in the face with an alarmed look, and tried to wriggle free of his tight grip on my wrist, but nothing was working.

"I need to help my friends!" I cried, and tried to get free of his grasp. I ran with all my force, dragging him behind me. He picked up my sword and just let me guide him. I smelled smoke. I sped up my pace, even though my chest screamed at me to slow down. I saw the two boys, who laughed and cheered at the sight of the burning forest around us. I screamed at the sight, which caught the attention of the two boys, who walked towards me, Dream still in tow. I backed up as they got closer, but thumped straight into Dream's body.

"Look what we have here. Dream, how did you manage to catch her?" Dream shrugged.

"It wasn't that hard, I just had to get her guard down," he said coolly.

"Uh, if you don't mind, I'll have my sword back and I would like to go home now," My eyes were burning from the smoke around my home.

"Not so fast, princess. We aren't done with you. I'm really sorry about this, but it's going to hurt," Dream took the blunt end of my sword and took a blow straight to the side of my head. I was out cold.

I woke up in a cold dark room, as there were no windows. I must be underground, I thought, seeing as there was no outside world to be seen. I had just begun to notice the massive headache I had. I could hear footsteps approaching the room I was in, so I had to think quickly. There was a book to my left, so I grabbed it and ran to the door. As it opened, I smacked, presumably George in the face, as he stumbled back. I bolted out of the damp room, only to come straight into contact with something. I looked up to see the white smiley mask. Shit. Well, I'm done for. Dream clicked his tongue.

"Well, princess, I must say I'm impressed by your will to get out, but I'm sorry, that's not happening today. I looked up at him with the saddest eyes I could give him. He rested his calloused hand on my cheek and was rubbing circles on my soft skin. Right as he let his guard down, I kneed him where it hurts, him faltering away. I ran past him, bounding up the stairs. I had no idea where I was going, so I decided to run down the hallway up another set of stairs. I could barely hear Dream's featherlike footsteps, but they were getting louder. Closer. I took the stairs three at a time, and finally made it to the light. I opened the oak door and sprinted outside. I could hear Dreams effortlessly running behind me, as I felt two arms wrap around my waist as we fell to the ground.

"I do like a good game of catch..." Dream panted. "I haven't had one this tough in ages, though." I tried to get up again, but he got on top of me, pinning me down to the soft grass beneath me. His face was inches away from mine.

[Word Count: 957]