2.

His face was inches away from mine.

"Why do you wear the mask, Dream?" I asked innocently. His grip on my right hand loosened, as I wriggled it free from his own.

"I-" He started as I took my hand up to the side of his mask and felt the rough edge.

"It's for safety and security. The last time I had it off, I got slashed by a certain piglin creature," Dream hesitantly said, but honestly, I just wanted to see what was underneath the infamous mask.

"So... You're insecure about how people will perceive you," I said softly, "I'm sorry for kneeing you earlier. I was in the moment."

"It's alright Princess," Dream cooed, my hand still caressing the side of his mask.

"Lor is fine, Dream," I announced, letting him know I was okay with him calling me by my name. Honestly, I only let people I trust call me Lor, but there was just something about Dream that made me trust him. My hand reached for his hood, pulling it off of his dirty blonde hair. He hesitated on letting me do this, but let me. My right hand ran through his hair, eventually making it to the clip on the back of his mask. His breath hitched nervously.

"N-no one apart from Sapnap and George have seen me without my mask on..." Dream confessed. I looked at him with a soft smile on my face. He let my other hand go. He was now just supporting his weight by having both elbows on either side of my head. I unclasped his mask, and placed it down beside myself. I looked into his emerald green eyes, as he stared back into my brown ones. There was a scar starting above his right eyebrow, crossing over his eye and ending mid cheek. I took my index finger and traced the scar, taking in his beauty. Why I trusted this man so much, I don't know. It was a foreign feeling for me, but I somehow just let it happen. He kept eye contact with my eyes as my own followed my finger. I looked back into his eyes. His beautiful green eyes. Why are you thinking like this, Lor!? This man had kidnapped you, chased you down, and is holding you against your will. YET YOU TRUST HIM!? The voices in my head were screaming at me. I've had voices in my head for as long as I could remember. I squeezed my eyes shut, as my head jerked to the side, trying to get the voices to stop.

"Hey, Lor, are you okay?" Dream asked with his voice laced with concern.

"I-I need to go to the lake," I cried. I knew the voices were right but I had to get out. I needed to go to where I could find my dad.

"Why is the lake so important to you? Before the war, I saw you go to the same exact spot every single day."

"I don't want to sound crazy..." I said shyly, looking away from him.

"Tell me, Lorelei," Dream said lovingly, but sternly.

"My father died when I was six years old, and that is the exact spot he died in. I sometimes see him in the middle of the lake sitting on the tree, smiling at me and waving. He always used to take me there as a child, and I guess it just calms me," I said, starting to sob quietly.

"Hey, hey. It's ok. We'll go to the lake, but you have to promise me not to bolt the minute you see Manburg."

"Deal." He got up off of me, as I grabbed his mask. He held out his hand asking for it back, but I looked at him and smiled.

"I like looking at your eyes," The moment I let that slip, I slapped my hand over my mouth, my face flushing red. I look down at my shoes immediately, but soon feel a hand tip my chin up to look at him.

"It's okay princess, you can look at them all you want," Dream cooed, grabbing my hand and leading me towards the lake.

I was trailing behind Dream absent-mindedly until he stopped in his tracks. I ran straight into his back. I do that a lot, I mentally curse myself. A protective hand shot out as I looked out from behind him. There was Wilbur, Tommy, and Tubbo in the exact place by the lake I always go to. Dream turned around, picked me up bridal style effortlessly, and carried me behind a tree.