8.

I felt dizzy and faint, almost like I'd been drugged, and the last thing I saw before blacking out was the cracked smiley mask bending over me.

I woke up the next day in a familiar bed, one with emerald green sheets. I soon felt two arms wrapping around my waist extremely tightly. I felt small. This "cuddle" felt cold, harsh. Not like Wilbur's.

"Dream, you're suffocating me," I tapped him quite harshly. He groaned into my back, loosening up a little, tight nonetheless. "What is up with you? This isn't you."

"I can't let you go. I'll lose you," he whined, as I turned to look at him.

"Dream, you won't lose me. What is making you say this shit?" I asked, playing with his hair.

"I saw you with Wilbur," He said, a little annoyed.

"Ohh, is my Dreamie jealous?" I laughed a little.

"What? No- Well..." Dream admitted. I kissed his jaw.

"Honey, I don't like Wilbur like that, I just felt so fucking tired that I just slumped over. I promise you, I see Wilbur like more of a father figure. I mean, after my dad passed, I-" My voice broke a little. "-I had no one. I had my brother, but he was quite cold with me. I turned to Wilbur as sort of that replacement in my life," I spilled. I teared up a bit, and dug my face into his chest. He hugged me close.
"Oh, Lor, my sweet. I had no idea. I shouldn't have-" I cut him off.

"Don't apologize, you didn't know," I said quietly. We laid in comfortable silence, enjoying each other's company, until he spoke up.

"I was thinking," Dream started. "I was thinking maybe you could have a weekly visit to Manburg." I looked up at Dream with excitement evident in my expression.

"Really? Why do you say this? I thought you didn't want me to go to Manburg!" I smiled.

"Well, I'm not sure you're going to like this, but..." I knew what was coming. "We're partnering with Schlatt." My mood changed quickly.

"That was a really bad idea. That man is no good, only brings trouble." I said darkly, looking straight into those emerald green eyes that I loved so much. He frowned. I got angry and wriggled out of his grasp, and stood up. "You do this all the time. You never listen to me. You never take my input. You're always on some POWER TRIP!" I yelled, exasperated with him.

"Lor, I-" I cut him off quickly.

"No, don't you 'Lor' me. I was just starting to feel like a part of the team, but you never take into account my feelings. You never listen to me. A relationship goes both ways, Clay." my eyes widened and I clapped my hand over my mouth.

"How- How did you know my name?" Dream asked, quite confused.

"Sapnap. But that is so not the point." I had angry tears streaming down my face. Honestly, I saw how broken he looked when I cried.

"I'm sorry, Lorelei. Are you sure it was a bad idea to side with Schlatt?" Dream questioned genuinely.

"Am I sure? Are you fucking kidding me!? Of course I'm sure! That man won't hold up his end of the bargain. I swear to you right now, he won't let you do anything with Manburg once he's in power," I said a little bit too harshly. I saw Dream look down in the bed, on the verge of tears.

"D-Dream, I'm sorry, baby. I didn't mean to yell. I climbed next to him, hugging around his neck. He hugged me back as I felt wetness on my shoulder. I've never seen him cry.

"Who hurt you, honey?" I immediately softened my tone. I drew circles on his bicep as he cried into me. My other hand was playing with his hair, because I knew he liked that. I immediately felt bad for him, knowing something bad happened to him in his young ages.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to...I really didn't mean t-" He cut me off by placing a soft kiss on my lips.

"It's okay, as you told me, you didn't know," He reassured me. He laid his head back on my chest, and I started humming a melody of a song that Wilbur and I didn't get to finish.

[Word Count: 712]