3.

Tonight is when I fully realized what the dream was. It was the night of my father's passing.

"Lor, run! Run as far away as you can. They show mercy for no one..." my father called to me, as I was standing in the clearing.

"Father! Come with me, PLEASE!" I pleaded, hoping my father would follow me.

"Lorelei, I love you. Tell your brother I love him," my father told me. "NOW GO!" I could see four men walk up to my dad.

But this dream was different from my reality of when it actually happened.

I tried to turn and run away from the scene, but I couldn't. I stayed in that spot in the clearing, watching life leave my father's eyes as one of the men plunged their sword deep into his abdomen, twisting the sword inside of him. I stood there in horror, as I screamed at the sight. One of the men turned to my six year old self, with a psychotic grin plastered on his face. He started walking towards me, the sword coated in my father's blood. I screamed.

I was shook awake by a familiar hand, as I shot up from my slumber. My breath was uneven and fast. I hadn't even noticed the tears streaming down my face until Dream wiped them away.

"Are you okay?" He asked, looking at me with concern riddled across his face.

"I'm fine, just a nightmare..." I brushed off his question. "Why are you keeping me here? I mean, why can't I just go home?" His face went cold.

"We need you for leverage against Manburg. They don't want to give up their independence," he explained, as if this was no big deal.

"What is your deal with taking away our independence? Like, what did we do to you?" I shot back. Dream just shrugged.

"You guys technically built Manburg on Dream SMP land, and I guess I'm not happy about that." I sat there in silence for a while until he announced he was going to go meet with Wilbur.

"I'm going to lock this door, Sapnap or George will bring you something to eat," he said, as I was trying to find a hint of emotion in his voice. None. He slipped out the door, and I heard the lock click. I was alone, yet again.

I walked around presumably his room, and took in my surroundings. There was an armoire in the corner of the room, with a desk under a large window. I walked over to the window, placing my hand on the desk beneath it. I felt the smooth wood of the desk, admiring the view of the garden below. My hand was subconsciously grazing over the handles of the desk drawers, and I pulled one of the drawers open. I took my eyes off of the garden to look in the drawer. My once happy expression dropped very quickly. There was a folder with my name sitting right on top. I hesitantly picked it up, wondering to myself if I should open it. It was personal, after all. But the voices started up.

Open it.

It's calling your name, Lorelei.

He knew who you were before you met.

What if there's something in there that you're not meant to see?

Wouldn't that be thrilling?

The voices got the better of me, so I submitted to their request. I slowly opened the folder, and massive amounts of pictures of myself dropped out onto the desk. My eyes grew wide, almost the size of basketballs. I picked up the pictures, dating back to 3 years ago. I picked up a picture of me and Techno, a picture of me on the ground and him offering me his hand after he beat me in a duel. I was laughing, and he was smiling. I picked up another photo, one that was fearfully recent. It was a picture of me sitting alone on a rock near the lake, staring out at the tree in the middle. There were hundreds more photos of me. I don't understand why, so I sat looking at all of the pictures. I was snapped out of my thoughts as I heard the door lock click. Sapnap entered the room with a tray of food. He must've seen me in distress, so he set down the tray on the nightstand and walked over to me.