12.

I had a long black dress on with a black purse.

The funeral was at the Prime Church, which was a pretty far walk from Dream's house. I was struggling walking there, and Dream must've noticed. He turned to me, placing his hand on my back, the other under my legs. He quite literally swept me off my feet, as I giggled into his chest. On this somber day, I'm glad I had Dream by my side. I laid my head down into his shoulder, when I saw something out of the corner of my eye.

"Dream, stop. STOP!" Dream came to a halt, as I wiggled out of his arms and trekked towards the forest.

"Lorelei, we're going to be late!" Dream called after me, but I halted in my tracks looking behind the tree.

"Hello! Who are you?" The figure said. His skin was a greyish color, no blood behind it. I could feel the coldness radiating off of him.

"W-Wilbur?" I stuttered, looking at him.

"Please, please! My name is Ghostbur. Tommy also called me Wilbur, I don't know why though."

"W-well it's nice to meet you Ghostbur, but I do have to get going.

"Here, have some blue before you go!" He handed me a vial with some blue powder in it, and I graciously took it. It was attached to a necklace chain, which I asked him to help put it on me. He put it around my neck. I said bye and happily trodded off back towards Dream, necklace bouncing off of my chest.

"What's that? You weren't wearing that when we came here," Dream observed, fondling the necklace.

"P-please don't touch it..." I sighed out, it was the closest thing to Wilbur I had.

"Sorry. Where did you get it?" He asked, looking into my saddened eyes.

"I met someone behind that tree. That someone was the ghost of Wilbur Soot," I explained. "I feel like this is the last thing I'll have of Wilbur, even though that ghost isn't really him. It gives me a sense of closeness," I looked down at the small vial, looking back at the tree. Dream saw him too. Ghostbur waved back at Dream and I, and disappeared into the forest.

"We're gathered here today to commemorate a great loss to our nation Manburg. He was a friend, family member, and a father figure," Fundy started looking at me with the last words.

"Although his final days were overtaken by insanity, he fought for what he thought was right. And though some of us were not present during the great battle, Dawn of the 16th, they were here with us in spirit. I would now like to call up a very important person to Wil, which is Lorelei." My eyes widened, not ready to give a speech. I, however, did know what I was going to say. I spoke from the heart.

"I'm lucky, to say the least, to be alive right now, that's for sure." This earned a chuckle from Tommy and Tubbo. "In my time under, a lot of terrible things had happened, and I wish I was there to help. I know Wilbur had his flaws," my voice cracked into a strangled sob. "But he was human. That's what we all are. We make mistakes. Wilbur was there for me throughout m-my entire childhood, acting as that father figure I never had. He w-was my shoulder to cry on, my rock. He was there when I needed him most, a-and I wasn't there for him when he needed me." I looked down at my shoes, tears falling onto them.

"He was the best person anyone could have asked for. Despite his wrongdoings, he was always a light, fun, kind person." At this point, I was sobbing uncontrollably, to which Dream strode up to me and guided me off the podium. I shrugged away from him, walking up to the closed casket. I reached in my purse, and pulled out a fabric folded into a square.

"Tommy, can you come here? Tubbo too. All of the Manburgians." Fundy, Niki, Tubbo, and Tommy approached the casket. They all helped me unfold the rectangular fabric, which revealed the Manburg flag. Tubbo and Tommy gasped at the same time, and Fundy and Niki gave me weary but thankful smiles. The five of us laid the flag atop the coffin, and I set his favorite flower over where his heart would be. A pansy. The five of us stood in front of the long box, shoulder to shoulder, arms around one another. I could feel Dream's admiration from here, seeing how important friendship actually was. He was feeling guilty that he fought with Schlatt, not letting me go back to Manburg, holding me hostage, and most importantly, depriving me of seeing my friends. He saw how torn up I was. I laid my head on Niki's shoulder, who returned it by laying hers atop of mine. The four went to the sides of the coffin, picking it up. I stood off to the side and watched as they brought it out the door and to a hillside pansy forest. I started hyperventilating, trying to hide it. I nonchalantly started walking away, I couldn't bear to see him go six feet under. I made it to the treeline and my emotions got the best of me. I stumbled into a tree, hyperventilating while sobbing. I clutched my heart, as it was beating painfully out of my chest. I got light headed, and before I knew, my eyes rolled into the back of my head, and I was out cold. The last thing I heard was a faint "Lorelei!" which was presumably Dream.

I woke up in a cold room, which appeared to be a medical tent of some sorts. I sat up in the cot, and looked around. I saw Dream asleep in a chair by the bed, so I quietly shuffled out of bed, sat on his lap and gave him a hug. I woke him up, because I felt strong arms wrap around my waist.

"Dream?" I ask, looking into his eyes.

"Yes, princess?" He gave me a smile.

"Why do you... Care so much? About me?" I look down into my lap.

"Lor, come on now," He said.

"Why me? I'm just a nobody," I say, tears threatening to stream.

"Lor, even before I met you, I thought you were perfect. Your eyes, your hair, your beautiful smile." He began. "When I met you, your golden personality rang through, and when we met by that lake, I knew you were important. Important to me."

"Dream I-" I started.
"I'm not done yet. Your beauty had no match for your kindness, and even after I kidnapped you, took you as a hostage, invaded your life, you were still kind to me and my friends. You're beautiful on the inside, and out," he finished his little speech, and at this rate, I was spilling my tears. I laid my head on his shoulder, grasping onto the front of his shirt.

"Can you tell me what happened to you in the forest there? When we did an examination you looked fine," Dream spoke, concern laced in his words.

"Anxiety, fear, sadness, longing." I struggled to say. "I couldn't watch you guys put him under. It was too much pain."

"Lor, if I knew that was going to happen, I would've taken you home," Dream states, stroking my hair to calm me down.

"No, I had to be there. That part was just too much." I felt around my neck and my vial of blue wasn't there. My head shot up from Dream's shoulder, startling him a little.

"Woah, are you alright?" Dream sputters, still a little shocked from the sudden movement.

"Dream, My blue. It's gone!" I got up from his lap and ran outside.

"Lor, wait up!" He said running behind me. I ran up to the spot where I had fainted, and my blue wasn't there.

[Word Count: 1340]