Part 1

After they left the meeting room, the homeroom teachers for Class A, B, and D were walking together in the corridor.

"What's wrong, Sae-chan? You look kind of under the weather."

Hoshinomiya voiced out her concern. And it was true that Chabashira was acting a bit weird ever since the talk of letting the parents of the third-year students inside the school. The reason was not because of the risk of the schools' information getting leaked but something else. And who did she mean by 'that man', whom even the Chairman referred to as Sensei? Mashima was curious to know about what it was.

"Chabashira, who do you mean by 'that man'?"

When Mashima mentioned that, Chabashira shuddered. It was clear that she feared 'that man'. Hoshinomiya and Mashima, both were looking at her waiting for her response. Chabashira decided to speak the truth.

"Ayanokoji's father."

The two of them were taken aback by her answer.

Chabashira had said that Ayanokoji was a special student and the Chairman had asked her to take care of him personally. That was why the two of them arrived at the natural conclusion that she had some sort of relationship with Ayanokoji and his father.

"Did Ayanokoji's father do something to you?"

Seeing how her face reflected her feelings of fear on remembering that man, Mashima thought that there was some kind of backstory to it. Chabashira understood that as well.

"No, that is not the case and I haven't even spoken to him. I have just seen him once. Two years ago."

"Hold on a minute. Did you just say two years ago, Sae-chan?"

Chabashira nodded and the two of them widened their eyes in shock.

"But that impossible. You just said two years ago which means that Ayanokoji was in his first year already. And there is no way..."

Mashima trailed off. The school forbids any contact with the outside world and it was impossible for Chabashira to meet his father two years ago. After all, no one was allowed to enter the school.

Chabashira looked at the two of them and understood what was going on in their head.

"I used to think the same and I think the same even now. But this rule is not applicable for 'that man'. I remember the principal sweating buckets when 'that man' had arrived. I have just seen him once and that was enough for me to understand what a fearsome man he was. Just looking at his eyes made me feel like my heart was being pierced by a sharp knife. He gave the aura of an absolute dictator."

Mashima and Hoshinomiya couldn't believe what she had said. They had no way to confirm what she had said but they knew Chabashira since their school days. And that was why they could tell that she wasn't lying. But that made them even more confused.

"So, Sae-chan, why did he come here?"

Maybe it was her being stupid or her being brave, but she managed to ask that question even in this situation.

"To order Ayanakoji to drop out of this school."

"Impossible."

Those words escaped Hoshinomiya's mouth almost immediately after Chabashira said those words.

Mashima knew that Ayanokoji was being targeted and it made sense to him that his father wanted him to drop out. But why? That question bugged him. But he also felt like it was better for him to not know the answer to this question and he was sure not even Chabashira knew the answer to that question.

The third-year this time, was quite amazing. They had all capable and competent students like Sakayanagi, Ichinose, Ryuen, and Horikita. They had battled it out many times with each other and shown their competence. The teachers were very impressed with this batch. But the student named 'Ayanaokoji Kiyotaka' was a very mysterious existence. He definitely had superior skills but they didn't know what he was actually capable of. Mashima had been always curious about him, ever since he asked him to help with Tsukishiro's case. But he was never able to get his answers.

"More importantly, what do you think about the final special exam?"

To dispel the heavy atmosphere, Chabashira decided to change the topic.

"I think it is going to be interesting. This time the classes would get to show their skills in both aspects and there would be no space for any complaints."

"Yes, and I also liked the idea of letting the parents witness their children show their abilities. Ah, I wish I had gotten to show my skills to my Papa as well!"

They had already gotten used to Hoshinomiya dropping these unnecessary comments.

"By the way, don't cry if my class manages to beat you on the race to Class A, Chie?"

"Heh. Aren't you full of yourself this early in the morning, Sae-chan?"

With a grin, Hoshinomiya threw back.

"Don't forget that I am here as well."

Mashima declared from behind them and the three of them looked at each other.

Chabashira went off ahead while Hoshinomiya and Mashima continued to walk together.

"How much do you think of what she said is true?"

After Chabashira was quite a distance away, Hoshinomiya asked.

"I can't say I know. But I think we could believe her. Ayanokoji's placement in Class D, being targeted by the Acting Chairman and not to mention the fear in her eyes. I think I want to believe her. No, I believe her."

Mashima knew about Ayanokoji's circumstance a bit well than Hoshinomiya and that was why it was easier for him to believe her.

"You didn't tell me anything about that. You left me out. That's cruel!"

She started to throw a tantrum but Mashima knew that she wasn't concerned about that in the slightest. Her mind was on something else. And he knew what that something else was.

"You sure are pumped up about this, aren't you?"

"What are you talking about?" She gave a smile to dodge the question but Mashima knew her well.

"You are pumped up and excited about the final battle. Your battle with Chabashira." 

Although her smile was still there, her eyes narrowed the tiniest bit and Mashima didn't fail to notice that.

"Oh, that is just for Sae-chan's sake. I have no intention in this battle whatsoever, unlike Sae-chan."

"So you say, but do you know what kind of expression you have right now?"

"Eh? No way! Am I not looking cute?!"

She again dodged the question. They knew Hoshinomiya was also equally interested in this battle. That was evident by the look on her face and she was staring at the place from where Chabashira had just disappeared from their sight.

Battle was in the air. The final battle for the third year was about to roll. As much as this was the students' battle, it was their teachers' battle as well. After all, In Tokyo Advanced Nurturing High School, the teachers were colleagues and rivals as well.

Note:

There will be only two parts in the first chapter. The second chapter will outline the details of the first half of the special exam. Thank you for reading!