Part 6

The tests were all over and now it was the day for the results to be announced.

Everyone was waiting with bated breath, fidgeting around.

"You all have done well. So there is no need to worry."

Yousuke was trying to console the classmates.

They knew well how they had done and they knew they would pass. But the fact that this was the final examination increased the pressure on them which resulted in the current tense atmosphere.

And for some reason, Horikita had been looking at me constantly. I knew the reason for that. In fact, I was the one who did something that had to cause her this distress. And her looking at me meant that she thought I was the one behind it all. Correct guess.

Although she knew I was the one who did that, she didn't know the motivations behind it. Fret not, Horikita. You will realize soon enough.

Just then the door to our classroom opened with a loud noise and we thought it was Chabashira at first but we were completely betrayed.

"Yo, guys, feelin' nervous, bet ya'?"

With his brazen attitude the leader of Class C, Ryuen Kakeru entered our class. And without any second thought to it, he climbed on the front desk like it was a throne made for him.

"Ryuen? What's the meaning of this?"

Horikita glared at him as did our other classmates.

"Oh, nothing. I just came here to thank that guy over there."

He pointed his index finger at me.

"Huh?"

Everyone, including Horikita, was surprised by it.

"It was because of him that we were able to pass the test easily. Although he sucked my wallet dry, that bastard! I had to pay 50 million private points to that bastard, you know. Kuku."

"50 million?!"

The class went into an uproar.

50 million was a ridiculously huge sum to have, as an individual. It was enough to buy tickets to Class A for two people and they would still have 10 million points remaining.

Horikita put me under her gaze and her gaze showed that she had understood something. The source of all that I had sent her that is.

"Do you think we would believe that?"

It was Ryuen we were talking about. His words weren't to be taken at face value. He is a man of deception and everyone was well aware of that fact.

Ryuen took out his phone and showed a picture that made everyone turn towards me.

In the picture were three men discussing something in the pallet-Ryuen, Katsuragi, and me.

"Well, do ya' have anything to say, Suzune?"

"This photo may have been forged?"

Even after getting such definitive proof, she wasn't backing down.

"It may be. But what about I show you the transaction record?"

Every time when a transaction happened, it was recorded by the school system and it could also be viewed by either the sender or the receiver of the transfer.

This was one thing that couldn't be forged. Ryuen was about to show her the proof when she suddenly sighed dramatically.

"Fine. Yes. Ayanokoji-kun did get all that money from you. But those were my orders."