Part 8

The class was in distress after the storm called Ryuen Kakeru had just passed and devastated the atmosphere.

Still feeling somewhat uneasy and suspicious about the current situation, my classmates made their way in their seats.

"I will be announcing the results of the privilege exam."

Finally, the time was upon us.

"First of all, Class D has failed to obtain the average score of 250. Class D's average class points are 220."

"!"

"T-That's a lie, right?!"

"This can't be happening!"

The class was already in chaos.

We had failed to obtain the 250 marks. That means our class will be receiving a penalty.

"And one of the students here will be expelled as well. That's Karuizawa Kei."

Another blow delivered.

They were completely blown, with one bad news after another.

Amid the chaos, someone yelled, "So, it was all because of Karuizawa that we failed to obtain the average score!"

If a student failed to score 200 points then s/he would be expelled, however, the head would still be counted when calculating the class average. Because Kei had failed to clear the threshold, she was going to be expelled, and that in turn had dealt a huge blow to the class average points. That must be what the one who expelled might be thinking.

After that statement, everyone in the class started doubting and blaming Karuizawa.

It is understandable after all. They failed to get the average score and will be now penalized. They wanted to push all the blame on someone. And who better than Kei in this scenario.

Even after being subjected to this, Kei's expression remained unchanged. She wasn't a girl who would back down from just this much.

While the classmates were drowning in their various emotions, Chabashira-sensei slammed her hands on the table. Everyone went silent.

"Karuizawa Kei had actually obtained a score of 240. However, due to the application of a special privilege, her marks were reduced to 190. The case is the same with your average class points."

The classmates who were just now trying to shift the blame and their frustration on one person had a guilty face.

All this time, Horikita was silent, pondering things through.

"Sensei, we can buy the insufficient points, right?"

"Of course you can. But it's one million points for one mark. You got that much?"

Chabashira-sensei might be thinking that even if we managed to collect the sum of all the students present here, the amount would still be insufficient. But what Horikita said shocked her.

"Yes. I have. And enough to prevent our class from getting penalized and save Karuizawa-san."

"Oh-ho. You got that much. Fine. Pay them and get the points."

Horikita then took out her phone and transferred the required amount i.e. 40 million points.

"With that, the average score for class D is now 250 and they won't be penalized."

Chabashira-sensei said, impressed a bit, and then asked her the question that was bugging her.

"But, Horikita, where did you get so many points from?"

Before she could answer, someone yelled from their seat.

"Ah, that must be those points from Ryuen-san!"

Kushida chimed in and everyone's face lit with understanding.

"I see. So, that's what happened!"

Shinohara added and Ike continued with further explanations. "You knew that something like this would happen and that was why you had Ayanokoji-kun snatch those points from Ryuen."

"Yes, that's right."

Wonderful. Yes, it was wonderful.

She had managed to put two in two from what had transpired and acted in a way that convinced the rest of the classmates that it was all part of her ploy.

"All that 'alk about the video was just 'at bastard sprouting shit, I bet ya'!"

Sudou added in support.

Actually, he must be totally believing that I really beat him up but he was supporting me. Or rather he was supporting Horikita who was trying to put this matter under cover.

The class was in a joyous atmosphere.

Some girls who were blaming Kei just moments ago were apologizing to her with guilty faces and with a smile on her face Kei was talking with them.

Remembering something, I sent a message to a certain someone.

After I saw the read button, I laid it on the desk. He must be pretty riled up as of now. After waiting for few more moments, I decided to transfer the remaining 10 million points to him. After all, he must be in a dire need of this money.

I was about to press send when my fingers suddenly stopped.

There is no way he would accept, right?

He wouldn't want his opponent looking down on him. So, I decided to transfer the sum to someone else.

She almost immediately accepted and thus 10 million points were safely transferred.

I put my phone back and watched over my classmates.

Everyone was overjoyed that they had managed to avoid getting penalized.

Since the points that they had now would be converted directly into class points, it meant Class D would have 250 class points added. No, even more as Kei's marks would be added as well.

They were all happy except one.

Horikita Suzune.

At the moment that they had avoided the worst-case scenario, they all forgot one important fact. But Horikita Suzune would never forget it. Not even for a moment.

Yes, they had all forgotten that they had failed to reach Class A.

Note:

This marks the end of this chapter.

I was actually thinking of finishing this all today but the sleep demon is threatening to take over.

So, this much for today.

Tomorrow morning, I would update the three parts of the epilogue, the four side stories, and an afterword.

Thank you for reading up to now and please look forward to tomorrow as your questions will be answered.

But, I want you to take guesses as well. 

So, can you guess what happened? Comment your answers and see tomorrow whether you were correct or not!

Well then, good night, folks!