part twenty six

Leila POV

The smell of coffee wafting through the air pulls my eyes open from my heavy slumber. I instinctively rub my eyes and slowly remember where I'm at. The walls are bare and I stretch my gaze to my right to where Bucky was last night.

His side is bare and I pull myself up onto my elbows, yawning. Memories of last night filter into my mind as Bucky and I stayed up going for two more rounds. We were exhausted, sure, but we couldn't get enough of it. Of each other.

I stretch my neck as I gather myself out of Bucky's bed and follow the scent of coffee that's outside the bedroom. My bare feet pad the hardwood floor as I open the door and make my way towards the tiny kitchen.

There's faint music playing in the background and I find Bucky's back turned towards me as he's fixated on the coffee machine sputtering out black liquid into the glass pot.

I try to silent my steps, hoping his super hearing won't catch me, as I make my way towards him and wrap my arms around his waist. His body turns rigid for a second and then relaxes when he sees my arms loop around his waist. He turns slowly to catch me kissing his bare back. His skin is soft and warm.

"Good morning, doll," He gently whispers as he turns around inside my grasp. He leans down and pecks my forehead before I jump on my tip-toes to kiss him on the lips.

"Good morning," I smile under our kiss. The butterflies I've been feeling all day yesterday have returned, creeping up into my core and up my chest.

Bucky wraps his arms around me and we stay like that, the coffee machine finally sputtering out the last few drops. I perk up at the sound of coffee being ready and Bucky chuckles under his breath as he releases me and turns back around to fill two mugs.

I try to find myself useful as I make my way to his fridge and find some milk to add to the coffee. I find the carton in the side door of the fridge and lift it out, shutting the door with a small bang. I turn towards Bucky and he reaches his flesh hand out to grab the carton and I push it into his fingers.

"Do you have sugar?" I ask as I watch him carefully pour milk into one mug. He nods his head and points his metal fingers towards the cabinet in front of me.

"Should be in a small box up there," He answers. I nod and open the cabinet and see the Splenda box and pull out three packets and put the box back and carefully close the cabinet door.

Before I can open up a packet of sugar, Bucky lays the milk carton on the counter next to the coffee machine and reaches his flesh hand out again and I sheepishly put the packets into it.

"You don't have to, Buck." I tell him, watching as he shrugs and gives me a smile with a quick wink as he levels the three packets of sugar in his hand and rips off the top halves of the packets in one go, tilting the packets above the mug and watching the sugar spill into it.

"I like being able to do things for you," He pipes up as he rummages through a drawer to his left and finds a spoon to mix my mug. He grabs the handle and pushes it towards me and I take the ceramic mug into my hands, closing my eyes and breathing it in as I lift it to my nose.

Bucky is already taking a sip when I open my eyes again and I giggle. I have always wondered how people drank their coffee just black. I loved being able to add flavorings here and there, especially during christmas time when they sold peppermint creamer.

"Thank you," I tell him as I take a small sip and relish in the wonderful taste. I can't help but let out a sigh and drink some more of the liquid gold. The hot contents warm my body and the caffeine begins to wake me up.