One Night with the King

(A/N: Reference from the movie, One Night with the King)

Oh my God. This is not really happening. I am speechless. Wait! What's he doing here? I mean I know that I had a long day and it was rough. But now, my mind wants to play tricks on me?

"I'm sorry. I didn't see you there." His baritone voice clinged to my ears and kissed my spirit. I couldn't even speak; in a trance. This beautiful man. This honey glazed, sultry hazel eyed, (Suprisingly, I could see through his glasses good enough) heavenly sculptured man is in front of me. I didn't even realize he was that short. On TV, he seemed much taller. Now, I'm not the biggest fan of Prince but I can't deny that he is amazing and a pioneer for music. So beautiful and enchanting. And the bad thing about it is, he's not even trying to show off. He's himself.

He waved his hand in my face and said, "Are you alright?" I snapped out of my trance and immediately said that I was fine. I simply apologized for hitting his car and told him that I would have my insurance pay for it. I get like this after a busy day. Unfocused, exhausted and looking for something to distract myself with.

"No, it's alright. You're fine. Besides, you didn't damage anything. You just scraped some paint off the front." Oh Thank God.

"Well, what brings you here?" I asked.

"I'm actually going to get some food, actually. But I'm a little lost. " He responded.

"Oh, well. I hope you enjoy your food and get to your location . And again, I'm sorry." I couldn't really say much. I mean, come on, it's Prince.

I slowly backed away from him and got back into my car

I slowly backed away from him and got back into my car. I crank the engine up and wait for him to get back in his car so that I could leave. He's not moving. I look in my rear view mirror and see that he hasn't moved since, he's just staring. Now he's coming over to my side. I rolled down my window and he said that he felt like he just had to do something for me. But my thing is, why?

"Would you like to join me?" He asked.

"Me?"

"Yes, you."

Wow. I am shocked. Did he just randomly invite me to dinner? But can I really pass this up? I haven't even eaten since lunch and that was hours ago.

"What did you have in mind?" I asked nervously.

"It's nothing special. Just something to indulge in." Indulge in? Alright I love him, but I don't like where this going.

He could tell I was uncomfortable because he said, "Don't worry. It'll be fine, nothing is going to happen that you don't want to happen." I sighed in relief but I was still skeptical. But I figured this is a famous singer and musician so, nothing should happen, right? I accepted his offer and he jogged over to his car and backed up for me to park my car in the driveway. He got back out of his car and opened the door for me so that we could drive in his car and go to the restaurant. Wherever it is, I hope it's soul food. I've been dying for some all day. I could really go for some cornbread.