A Seat at the Table Part 2

I left the room and laughed at myself. The irony of this whole thing is that he seemed serious. I went to my office and noticed the change in my energy once I opened my door. By going inside, I took a seat at my desk and without hesitation put my aunt's picture in the bottom drawer.

But before I could even put the picture in the drawer, I noticed that I kept her favorite red glasses as well.

Just looking at them, just reminded me of all the times of when I would see her with these on and my mother and I would come over to her house for a visit and spend time with Parker, Penny and Paisley, just doing our little girl thing

Just looking at them, just reminded me of all the times of when I would see her with these on and my mother and I would come over to her house for a visit and spend time with Parker, Penny and Paisley, just doing our little girl thing. Playing with toys, eating cookies and vegetables, playing dress up and playing on Aunt Vanessa's piano.

I miss you so much, Auntie. You were the only one who was really in my corner.

Suddenly a knock came at the door which caused me to jump. I looked up to see Prince in the doorway checking up on me. "Are you alright?"

Nonchalantly I say, "I'm fine, bunny." And with that I noticed a change in his body language. His eyes went bulging, he backed away slowly and placed his hand over his chest.

"What's wrong?" I get up trying to comfort him and he stops me midway and says that he needed to go.

"What do you mean? We haven't even finished yet." I mentioned but by the time I could catch up with him, he had already made it towards the door and left without a word.

Did I say something wrong?

****

The next few days went by quickly after that night. I hadn't heard from him in days and I'm just not really feeling this whole 'love me or leave me' scheme that he's up to. Today's actually been a good day since he left and now I've been trying to distract myself, but nothing is going well with my mind.

"Raye." I looked to see Natalia in the doorway of my office and surprisingly, she seems happy today because usually she's making everyone suffer with her "woe is me" antics.

"Hey Natalia, what's going on?" She closed the door and sat down in the other chair across from my desk and asked off the rip if I was seeing anyone. Obviously, I told her no.

"Oh really? So, who was that I saw come into the shop, a few days ago?"

I shook my head and got up to quickly send her out to avoid this heavy conversation but, she blocked me from exiting the door and said that she wasn't leaving until I told her what has been going on with me.

"I know you are not about to ditch this conversation, knowing, that I caught you red-handed?" She said. I couldn't say much but that it was just someone who wanted to have a last minute session before closing time.

"Look, Natalia, we have a business to run so can you-" she cut me off by saying that I needed to stop being so secretive and just tell them was is going on. Which was understandable but I just don't want to give out anything that shouldn't be given out. It's a privacy issue, if most could understand. But at the same time, do celebrities really have a private life?