My Brother's Keeper

I know he didn't bring his crazy tail over here?! He's knocking on the door repeatedly and immediately I go to open it.

"Kenny?! What are you doing here?!"

"Is Jennifer here?!"

"No!"

He pushed me to the side and entered the building. "Well I need to talk to her!"

"Well she's not here. Now, please go home, Kenny. I have company over."

He turned to me and said that he needed to talk to her because it was important and he needed to see her face.

"After what you did to her, you're lucky I wasn't there because your ass would either be in jail or dead."

"Look, I said I was sorry. Now, where is she?"

I folded my arms and said, "I'm not telling you. Go."

He came closer to me and got in my face, "You listen me, I'm not going to tell you again, tell me where she is or it's going to get ugly."

I was about to say something until I was interrupted by Prince, "Excuse me, I don't think the lady wants you here. Now, will you please leave?"

Kenny turned around and surprisingly got in his face. "Look here old man, I don't feel like getting into it with you, alright? Now you just mind your business!"

"If I'm not mistaken, she is my business." Prince said while pointing at me. Suddenly, Kenny pushed him back and they ended up wrestling on the ground.

I screamed out, "Wait, stop! Stop! Kenny!" They continue to do so and here I am in a panic mode. Suddenly, the door opens up to a man coming in and trying to break them apart. Whoever he is.

"Alright, break it up! Get off of him!" The man yelled. He pulled Kenny up off of Prince and helped Prince up off the floor slowly.

"Prince, are you alright?" I asked while coming closer to him.

"I'm fine."

Kenny chuckled and got up for us to see that he was even more pissed than usual. He ended up charging towards me but ended up being knocked back by the man that helped Prince.

Suddenly, the man ended up on top of him while restraining him with his hands behind his back.

With Kenny yelling in pain, begging for the man to stop, and then suddenly the man got him up and basically threw him out behind his hands and landed on his behind. The man threatened him by saying that if he came back again, then there would be some major consequences. He came back inside and checked up on us to see if there was any bruises or cuts on us.

"Y'all are good, right?"

"Yes, we're fine, Duane."

Duane? Who is that?

"Yeah, we're fine. Duane?"

"Oh, I'm his security guard."

"Oh, okay."

"And his brother."

Oh wow.

"Hello, my name is Raynella." I said before reaching out for his hand for a handshake.

"Nice to meet you too, Raynella."

"Duane, how did you know I was here?" He asked.

"I followed you, man. You know that you can't keep anything from me."

****

After talking with the police, they informed us that he would go to jail but most likely, he could probably make bail. And that is something that I do not feel comfortable with so, I went to Prince to say my goodbyes from this disaster of a night and go home. But then, he said that he wanted to make sure that I got home safely and then, we all decided to let Duane go back to Prince's home and let Prince take me home.

While we're in the car, it is complete silence the entire ride home until I suddenly realized that I needed to go to the nearest grocery store. So, I asked him to drop me off and wait for me since I didn't want us to gather attention from everyone in public. He agreed and dropped me off while he waited for me, luckily there wasn't too many people tonight.

As I'm in the grocery store, I quickly grabbed all the things that I needed and headed to the cashier until I ran into a homeless man who was in need of help.

"Please ma'am, can you help me? I could really need some food."

"Oh...okay. What are you in the mood for?"

"Maybe one of the dinner plates and a sweet tea?"

"Okay well, which one?"

"Chicken tender plate, please."

"Okay, good." We went to the other side of the store and got him a plate of food before heading back to the line. I finally was able to get my groceries but as soon as the cashier ringed everything up, it was out of my range.

"Your total is, $184.45."

"Oooh, that much?"

Maybe I shouldn't have gotten him a plate?

"Yes, ma'am."

I pulled out my debit card and gave it to the cashier for her to pay for the items until a beeping sound came from her register. She swiped it again and told me that my debit card had insufficient funds on it.

Can this night get any worse?

****

That's it for this chapter of Incense & Candles!

Please comment, vote, follow and share!

Love you to infinity, Cammy!