Broken Promises, Tests, and Niall Horan

Chapter 18

"Explain. Everything. Now." Louis ordered as soon as we made it to the bus. I narrowed my eyes at the 5 boys standing in front of me. Arms over their chests, all towering over my small frame.

"Excuse me?" I snarled. "You have absolutely no right to be talking to me like that. Especially after you practically left me to die!"

"I was trying to protect everyone..." Niall spoke.

"PROTECT?! THAT'S PROTECTING?!" I yelped. "What about me? You said you'd never let anyone hurt me again. Turns out you were the one who hurt me."

Niall's eyes softened and fell to the floor.

"I didn't mean to.." He mumbled, fiddling with his fingers.

"Will you please tell us what happened to you? If we should take you to a hospital or not..." Liam sighed and sat next to me on the couch.

"19 times." I stated. They all looked at me with questioning eyes.

"Scarlett... 19 times of what?" Harry asked, squatting so he was eye level with me.

"He raped me. 19 times. He took the only thing I had left. My virginity." I replied quietly. I tried hard to keep the tears from falling, but I failed. Harry reached forward to wipe my tears, but I slapped his hand away. "Don't touch me." I snapped.

"Scarlett.." Zayn sighed.

"You don't know how many times I begged for him to just kill me off. He'd always shake his head and laugh. He liked the thought of torturing me."

"I'm so sorry." Niall spoke, finally lifting his eyes from the floor. "I didn't mean for this to happen. He had a gun. And-and I didn't want anyone hurt! This is all my fault! I-I wish I had just been shot and saved you.."

"It's funny, Niall. You were the one person that gained my trust. You helped me. But you turned out to be like everyone else... All you wanted was to save yourself and watch me suffer."

"That's not true! Scarlett you know it!" Louis protested. I glared at him.

"Louis! Don't defend him when you did the same thing! Stop acting like the freaking innocent one! Because you're just as much to blame as everyone else!" I shouted.

He shut up.

"Because of all you, I was raped, beat, and neglected. You all went on with the tour. I realized something while I was locked up. I was just a charity case that came with talent. Free talent. That's why you wanted me here. And when I finally finished my work, you got rid of me."

"No! That's not what happened!" Zayn exclaimed.

"Really Zayn?! Then what was it?! We all know I was a charity case!" I screamed back. "Right Niall? You offered me your home because you felt bad. You didn't want me on the streets. After I told you my story, you all felt even more bad. That's all I ever was to you guys. A sorry some teenage girl, with a maniac father. Almost like taking a little puppy in off the streets then finding its owner and returning it. Isn't that right? And you know what the worst part is? I had absolutely no idea. I thought I found a new family. I was happy. I could be myself. Just a waste of time...."

Everyone stayed quiet. Simply watching my every move. All oblivious to the tears welling up in their eyes.

"I tried to get away from my father. But it turns out, I was taken in by people even worse. You all led me on to believe you liked me. Even loved me. But you didn't."

"I do love you Scar. More than you could ever imagine." Niall said.

"Why did you come back then? To yell at us?" Louis questioned.

"I wanted you all to know what happened. Make all of you feel bad. I hope it worked. Because I'm leaving now."

I got up and walked towards the bus door. I grabbed the handle, but turned around last minute.

"And when I said I hated you all... I meant it." I whispered and walked into the New Jersey air.

-Niall-

I watched her retreating figure. Weaving through crowds of people and lonesome cars.

"I don't get it." I spoke quietly. "She told me she loved me, kissed me, yelled at me, hates me and now is gone."

"She was raped 19 times Niall. She's messed up." Harry mumbled.

"Do you think the guy used protection?" Liam asked to all of us.

"I highly doubt it. Why?" Zayn responded.

"What if she's pregnant?"

I almost fainted right then and there. She was gone for a month. Raped 19 times. It only takes two weeks after sex to get pregnant.

"No. No. No. She can't be. She's 17!" Louis panicked.

"Harry, go get her. Now." I ordered sternly. He nodded and bolted out the door after Scarlett.

----

"Put me down!" Scarlett screamed and thrashed around on Harry's shoulder. He threw her down on the couch then sat on her legs to prevent her from running. I was at her side in a second, holding both her hands in mine.

Ignoring the sparks of energy I felt, I got close to her face.

"Scar... Did he use protection?" I asked the frightened girl. Her eyes widened as she thought. Her head began to shake.

"No..." She whispered.

"Someone call Paul and get him to go out and get a test." Liam directed. Zayn quickly pulled out his phone, dialing Paul's familiar number.

"I can't be. No. No. What am I going to do Niall? I'm 17! I can't raise a child!" She exclaimed, tears pouring down her beaten face. Harry got off her legs and she leaped onto me, embracing me in a hug. Her tears began to wet my shirt, but I didn't mind because my tears were falling onto hers.

"I'm always here for you. I'll help you get through it. I promise." I soothed. She nodded and I cradled her into my chest. "I love you Scarlett."

"I love you too Niall." She whispered.

"You don't hate me?"

"I could never..."

300 votes for next chapter! Xx