Food Fights, Flights, and Niall Horan

Chapter 6

"Is that how you felt every day? Fear of your father coming?" Liam asked at the dinner table. I looked down at my lap and nodded. 

"I still don't understand why someone would do something so horrid to you." Niall whispered seriously, staring intently at my features. I didn't look up though; I just kept playing around with my fingers. 

"Hey, well at least it's over now. And besides, if something does happen, you got 5 manly men here to save you... and Paul." Louis joked. I finally tore my gaze from my fingers and looked at Louis. I cracked a small smile. 

"More like, I just have Paul." I joked back. 

"Hey! I can kick some serious ass if I had to!" Harry whined, striking some random karate pose. I laughed softly and shook my head. 

"Sure you could Harry." I giggled and moved my food around with my fork. 

"Scarlett, stop playing with your food." Zayn ordered. I looked up at him, quirking an eyebrow. 

"Since when are you my father?" I asked. 

"Since you walked through that door." he said, pointing to the door. "You're the youngest here; therefore, I am your father." 

"Wouldn't Louis be the father?" I questioned. 

"He's not mature enough." Zayn retorted. 

"I am too." Louis huffed, and crossed his arms, looking away dramatically. 

"Such a drama queen." I giggled. 

"Am not!" he pouted. 

"Don't start!" Liam scolded. 

"Are too." I whispered, mainly for Louis to hear. Niall must have heard, because he started laughing beside me. I picked up my fork and put some mashed potatoes on it; pulling it backwards I let the contents release. Expecting it to land on Louis' face, it really surprised me when it hit Zayn. 

"What the-" 

"Oh my god! That was meant for Louis!" I squeaked. 

"Hey!" Louis scoffed. 

"You shouldn't have done that, little girl." Zayn growled, standing up. I quickly slipped under the table, crawling towards the end to get away. I stood up, now on the opposite side of the table from Zayn. He grabbed a hand full of mac and cheese and threw it. I ducked and it splattered all over Harry's shirt.