Chapter Two

Harry's POV

I was sitting in my crib, playing with my teddy bear that looked like Padfoot. I remembered the old man that visited a few days ago. He waited until Mommy and Daddy were out of the room before trying to do something to me with his wand. Before he could finish speaking, I blasted him across the room and took his wand from him. It took Mommy and Daddy two hours to get it back from me, and even then I refused until they gave me a cookie.

Anyway, Daddy finally entered back my room. He had that pretty cloak with him. He also had that look in his eye that said that he was up to no good. He smiled at me and told me to be quiet before covering me with.the cloak.

"Lily come quick. Harry has disappeared and I can't find him anywhere."

Mommy came running in really fast. She looked really worried. She usually brightens when I giggle so that is what I decided to do. She came up to the crib and lift the cloak off of me. She smiled at me before turning to glare at Daddy. Daddy looked like he was going to run, however, before he could, the house began to shake. That can't be good. Mommy and Daddy both looked scared.

"Lily, it's Him. Take Harry and run. I will try to hold him off."

"But James-"

"No buts. Now go."

With that, Daddy ran out the door. I heard a loud noise coming from downstairs. Mommy looked really worried. She used her wand to lock the door and placed many heavy objects in front of it. She smiled reassuringly at me while looking in her pockets for something. Soon her expression turned to one of horror when she couldn't find what it was that she had been looking for.

Soon, the noises coming from downstairs stopped. I heard footsteps heading towards the door. They stopped, and then the door was blasted open. A pretty stone fell into my lap. It had a strange symbol on it. It was a triangle with a circle in it and a line splitting it in half. I picked it up with my left hand to admire it. I heard a noise and saw an ugly man with red eyes pointing his wand at Mommy. Mommy looked like she was pleading with him. He said two words and then Mommy was engulfed in green light. She fell backwards and just stared at the ceiling.

The man looked at me. He raised his wand. I felt scared. I remembered the wand I had taken from the old man and how it had made me feel safe. I wished that it was here. Just as it appeared in my right hand, the man spoke those two words that made that green light appear. Just before it hit me, a shield appeared. It was shaped like the symbol on the stone. The green light hit it and went back to the red eyed man. He had a look of surprise on his face before he was engulfed by the.light. When the light disappeared, all that was left was robes and a wand.

The shield disappeared. All of a sudden, daddy's cloak, the stone, and the wand rose up into the air. They circled around me a few times before stopping and heading straight at me. They entered me. It hurt so much. I tried to scream but I found that I couldn't.  I blacked out from the pain.  I never noticed that I wasn't in my crib, or at home for that matter, anymore.