Chapter Four

Harry's POV

When the three objects entered me, I felt pain. The pain soon went away. However, by that time, I had already lost consciousness.

When I came to, I couldn't see anything. I was completely surrounded by darkness. I could tell, however, that I wasn't in my room anymore. In fact, I wasn't even my house anymore. A few minutes later, my eyes finally adjusted to the dark. I looked around, trying to figure out where I was. All I could see was that I was on a bed. There was nothing else in the room. No windows, no doors, nothing. I had a huge headache. I suddenly realized that I now knew things that I never knew before. I wonder if it had anything to do with those three objects entering my body.

Just as I was deciding about whether I should get up or not, I heard a sound coming from the corner of the room. I looked around for the source of the noise. All of a sudden, I heard a voice.

"Welcome Master. It is an honor to have you here."

I looked around but I couldn't find the source of the voice.

"W-who are you?"

"My name is Death and you are my Master."

"Very funny. Now who are you really and where are my parents?"

"I am being completely serious. I am really Death. Your parents are, unfortunately, dead. They have already passed through the Veil. However, before they did, they asked me to tell you that they love you and that they are proud of you."

"Really?"

"Yes, Master."

"How am I your master?"

"You are the only person to ever conquer my Hallows."

"Your Hallows?"

"The Deathly Hallows. Did your mother ever read the bedtime story to you?"

"She did but I didn't think they were real."

"Well they are. Congratulations."

"Thanks, I guess. Is it okay if I see what you look like? It feels weird talking to an invisible person."

There was no response. I began to think that either he left or I was being ignored. Suddenly a man appeared in front of me. He was really pale, with dark black hair and blood red eyes. They seemed to glow in the dark. He was dressed in all black. I looked at his face again and say him smiling at me. I blushed.

"No offense, but I imagined Death to look, well, different. You know, scarier."

"That is alright, Master. I get that a lot."

"How is it that I now know more than I should at this age?"

"You are my Master, and as such you have received my knowledge. Everything that I know, you know. It may take a while to process it all, but I have no doubt that you will be able to do it."

"Thanks. Where are we, anyway?"

"We are in my castle, in the other side of the Veil. Once you have cone to terms with all of your new knowledge, you will be able to find your way around here."

"Ah."

"Come Master. It is time to collect your inheritance."

"My inheritance?"

"You are the last of your line, and as such able to gain lordship. As my master, you have aged sixteen years. You are physically seventeen. This is your true form but you can always change it to whatever you want."

"What do I look like?"

"Let me get a mirror. It would be best for you to see before we leave."

Why do I have a bad feeling about this?