Chapter Three

Dumbledore's POV

I sat in my chair with a cup of firewhiskey. Today was Halloween, which means that my plan was finally coming along. Soon, the Potters would be dead and I would be the one to get all of their money. But most importantly, I would get the legendary Cloak of Invisibility.

A few minutes later, the instruments connected to the wards on the Potters' house glowed, showing that the wards had fallen. I smiled, knowing that my plan would soon be a success. A few minutes later, my wand, the legendary Elder Wand, disappeared from my hand. That was my first clue that a everything was not going according to plan.

I grabbed my old wand from within my desk. Already I did not feel as powerful as I did a with the Elder Wand. I then immediately called Fawkes to me and forced him to take me to the Potters' cottage. When I got there, I was greeted with the sight of a dead James. I ran upstairs and was then greeted with the sight of a dead Lily. I smiled. At least part of my plan went correctly. I then looked around and saw two things. One, the dark lord's robes and wand were on the floor, which gave me a hint as to what had occurred. And two, the brat was missing. I could tell he was still alive, because there was no body or blood.

As I was trying to figure out where the brat was, I heard footsteps coming up the stairs. A few minutes later, Sirius Black burst into the room. Oh how I hated him. He came from a dark family, and as such that made him dark. He looked really upset.

"Headmaster, how could this happen?! You promised that they would be safe. Now they are all dead."

"I am sorry, Sirius. However, all is not lost. Harry Potter is still alive, and he has vanquished Lord Voldemort."

"M-my pup is still alive. Where is he? I don't see him anywhere?"

Time to get rid of Sirius Black.

"Do not worry. He is somewhere safe. However, before you see him, think that we should deal with the traitor first."

"Of course. It's Peter's fault this happened. He will pay."

With that, Black ran out of the room. Soon, he will be dealt with and will no longer be a problem.

I began to think of what to do. Soon it hit me. If I made myself the brat's guardian, I would have access to his money. I quickly left the house and apparated to Gringotts. I walked up to a goblin. At first, he didn't acknowledge me, which greatly angered me. A few minutes later, he finally looked up.

"How may I help you?"

"I would like to speak to the Potter's bank manager."

"What for?"

"It is a private matter."

The goblin looked at me for a few minutes before leaving. A few minutes later, he came back.

"Follow me."

He led me through a few corridors. We finally stopped in front if two very big doors. The goblin knocked on the doors and didn't open then until told to. Once opened, he told me to go inside before closing the door and leaving. I sat down and looked at the goblin in front of me.

"How may I help you Mr.Dumbledore?"

"I would like to claim guardianship of Harry Potter."

"I'm afraid you can't do that. According to Merlin's Law, an apprentice or master that is underaged is immediately emancipated."

"But-"

"There is nothing I can do. Good day."

And with that, I was magically kicked out of the office and that into the lobby. How dare they do this to me, the great Albus Dumbledore. They will pay.