Chapter Five

Harry's POV

I had a really bad feeling about this. I was afraid to look into the mirror. I really didn't want to know what I looked like now, yet at the same time I was curious as to what I looked like now. After a bit of convincing from Death, I finally gave into my curiosity. To say I was surprised and amazed would be an understatement. In my opinion, I looked amazing. My hair was as black as the nighttime sky and long, reaching all the way to my butt. My eyes were the color of the killing curse. I looked like I was 5'10" and I had curves in all the right places, giving me a more feminine look. I was dressed in a white button up shirt and blank dress pants with black dress shoes.

"I look good."

"I agree Master. You look amazing. Now it is time to go collect your inheritance."

"Alright. So we are going to Gringotts."

"Yes we are Master. Before we go, I want you to put on this cloak."

Death handed me a black cloak. It had pictures of that symbol stitched around the bottom of it.

"Why must I wear this cloak?"

"Just incase."

"Alright. By the way, what do the symbols that are stitched into it represent? It looks just like the one on that stone."

"They are my symbols. The symbol of Death."

"Oh. Thanks for telling me."

"No problem Master."

I placed the cloak on. It was really comfortable. It made me feel safe. After making sure I had it on correctly, Death grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the shadows. He wrapped an arm around my waist before dragging me in the shadows. Next thing I know, we are stepping out of the shadows into an alley next to Gringotts.

"What was that?"

"That was shadow walking. When you have finished processing all of that new information in your head, you will know and understand everything there is to know about shadow walking."

"Cool."

"Indeed."

Death let go if me but kept an arm around my shoulders. We walked towards the bank. When we approached the bank, the goblins guarding the door looked at us in fright.

"Why do they look at us like that?"

"Creatures are better at sensing death than humans. They know that we are dangerous and not to mess with us."

"I see."

The goblins bowed to us and held the door for us. I entered the bank, thanking the goblins as I went. In the corner of my eye, I saw them look up in surprise. However, I paid no attention to that.

The place was huge. Everywhere I looked, there were witches, wizards, and goblins, all conducting their work.

We headed towards a goblin. As we got closer, all the goblins stopped working and stared at us. This caused all of the witches and wizards to stop what they were doing to stare at us as well. As we got closer to the goblin, the goblin became visibly more scared. Death and I silently agree that he would speak and I would stay quiet for now.

"Hello. We would like to speak with the manager of the bank."

"Of course sir."

The goblin quickly disappeared. I stifled a laugh behind my hand. Death smiled at me before glaring at everyone else.

"Don't you people have anything else to do besides stare at other people. I'm starting to think that none of you have a life of your own."

Everyone turned away at that and resumed their business. However, that didn't stop them from glancing back at us every couple of minutes.

Soon I saw the goblin from before heading towards us.

"The bank manager will see you now."

"Thank You. Now if you would lead the way."

"Of course."

The goblin lead us to the bank manager's office. We silently followed him. The whole time, Death never let go of me. I didn't mind though. While physically seventeen, I was still one years old emotionally and as such I craved touch.

We soon reached a set of tall silver doors. The goblin knocked on the door. He then opened it once he was told to. We followed him into a huge office. Upon entering, the goblin inside looked up and visibly paled. The goblin that escorted us then quickly rushed out the room.

"What can I do for you gentleman?"

Death decided that he would be the one to talk once again.

"You know who I am."

"Yes my lord. You are Lord Death. How can I be of service?"

"This is my master. I would like you to perform an inheritance test on him."

The goblin looked at me in shock and awe.

"It would be an honor. I will get the materials needed now. You shall be able to take the test in ten minutes."

Why do I feel like I am in for a shock?