Chapter Thirteen

Harry's POV

Just before the Wizengamot could leave, my godfather shot out of his seat, looking like he had something important he wanted to say.

"Wait! What about Harry? As his godfather, custody of him should go to me. Where is he? Dumbledore told me he was somewhere safe and that I needed to catch the traitor before I could see him. So where is he? I want to see him."

The members of the Wizengamot looked at each other when they heard what he said.

"We apologize Mr. Black but none of us have seen Mr. Potter. Though since you said that Mr. Dumbledore say that he was safe, that must mean he knows where he is. You will need to ask him."

Everyone turned to look at Dumbledore. He tried to look calm but you could see it in his eyes that he was panicking.

"Harry is currently unavailable at this moment. I know you want to see him Sirius and I promise you will soon. However, before you do, I feel it would be best to get the Healers to check you out first to make sure Azkaban had no effects on you."

So that was his plan. Distract and keep his godfather at bay while leaving him thinking that Dumbledore knew where his godson was and knew what was beat for everyone.

"Fine."

And he fell for it. I swear, people are such idiots.

After that was said, people began to start leaving. I watched as the Auror released Sirius. I then watched as Sirius and Remus ran to each other and embraced. I looked up and saw that Dumbledore looked like he was going to approach them and decided it would be better to get them away from him before he could do anything else. Thankfully, we were closer than he was.

"Death, please go over there and tell Sirius and Remus that you know where I am and that if they wish to see me, that they need to follow you. Make sure Dumbledore doesn't interfere."

"Of course, Master."

With that, he got up and approached them. Hopefully it all goes well.

********

Death's POV

I watch as the trial progressed and my master's godfather was pronounced innocent. Wonderful, now I have to share my master. I don't like this. Though if it makes my master happy, then I will allow it. My only concern is his happiness. As the trial ended and my master's godfather was pronounced innocent, I knew we would have to act soon if we wanted to get out of here without Dumbledore interfering. As I watched Dumbledore get closer to them, I heard my master ask me to get to them before Dumbledore and bring then here. I could never say no to my master, of course, so I immediately got up and headed towards them. I reached them before before Dumbledore did and placed a ward around us to prevent people from getting to close and hearing us. They both looked at me with suspicious eyes, though the wolf's eyes had a bit of fear in them. Hmm, the wolf is a smart one. I looked at Dumbledore and saw that he looked frustrated, though he was good at hiding it. I turned back towards the other two when I heard my master's godfather speak.

"Who are you and what do you want?"

"Who I am is none of your concern at this moment. Just know I am an ally. What I want is simple. I need you two to follow me."

"And why the hell would we do that? You have not proven to be trustworthy. Besides, Remus and I need to see Harry. We don't have time for this."

"Well, if you want to see your godson, then I think it would be best to come with me. He is in my custody after all."

They both looked shocked. Though that shock quickly turned to anger.

"Why do you have my godson?! Where is he?! What have you done to him?!"

I could see the wolf was trying to calm his mate down, but you could see he was also clearly upset about the situation.

"I have done nothing bad to your godson. All I have done is protect and took care of him and gave him a home. If I was really going to hurt him, then how did he and I get you this trial?"

There anger didn't all go away, though they were more calm now.

"What do you mean get him this trial? I thought Dumbledore got Sirius this trial. Why are you taking the credit?"

"Your precious Dumbledore was willing to leave you in that hellhole. He wasn't trying to get you a trial at all. It was only because of my master and I that you got a trial. I had taken my master to Gringotts. It was there that I got the proof that you were innocent. With the cooperation of the goblins, we were able to get you a trial. All Dumbledore did was go to Gringotts and attempt to gain custody of my master."

"And who the hell is your master? Is it you-know-who. Is that what this is. Has the Dark kidnapped my godson."

"My master is most certainly not that despicable piece of trash you call a wizard. If you wish to know more, you will come with me. And do try to ignore Dumbledore. He does not have your best interest, nor the best interest of your godson, at heart. If you try to tell him any of this, I can promise you that you'll never see your godson again until he is of age."

The two looked at each other.

"What do you think Remus?"

"We have no choice Sirius. Not if we want to see our Cub."

"Very well. We will agree with your teems. But know that we are only doing this for our Pup."

"That is all I ask. Now come along and hurry. I wish to get my master home as soon as possible."

I took down the ward and we hurried along towards my master. Behind me, I could hear Dumbledore calling out towards the other two, trying to get their attention. But the ignored him. Good. This proves they are loyal too and care more about my master than that old fool. As they should be.
_______________________________________

I'm so sorry for not updating sooner. Between college stuff and my nursing school application and exam, I have just been so busy. I promise that I will try harder. I'm so sorry for taking so long. Thank you all for being patient and sticking with the story. Your support really helps.

Sarah 💙