Chapter Eight

Harry's POV

Mr. Ollivander led us into the back room. I looked around me. There were so many things in here. It looked like a mess, and I knew I would never be able to navigate through all this to find what I wanted, but judging by the way Mr. Ollivander walked, he must know where everything was.

We soon stopped in the middle of the room, which was the only part of the room that didn't have any wand parts. It only had a table. Mr. Ollivander turned towards us.

"I've never really had to make a staff before, but my father still taught me how. 'Just in case' he used to say. At first, I didn't want to learn. I didn't see the point. Now, I'm glad he taught me. The first thing you should do is find which wood your magic is compatible with. The more powerful you are, the more different types of wood you will find yourself compatible with. Just close your eyes and let your magic guide you."

I closed my eyes. I concentrated on finding which wood I was compatible with. I could feel my magic tug me in four different directions. I opened my eyes and followed the first tug and picked up the wood I found. I then followed the second tug and picked up the second tug. I kept doing this until I had followed all four tugs and had four pieces of wood in my hand. I walked towards Mr. Ollivander and Death and placed the four pieces of wood on the table. Mr. Ollivander paled when he saw the four pieces of wood while Death smiled.

"Are you sure those are the woods that cs liked out to you?"

"Yes, why?"

"The four woods that you picked up are from an ebony tree, an elder tree, a sage tree, and a yew tree. The ebony symbolizes power. The elder symbolizes endings and death. It is said that the fabled Elder Wand is made of elder. The sage symbolizes immortality and wisdom. The yew is known as the death tree in almost every European country. It symbolizes the dead."

"I see."

Death wouldn't stop smirking. I glared at him. He started to pout. Mr. Ollivander started to speak. I decided to ignore the slight tremble in his voice.

"A wand or staff is useless without a core to help channel your magic. Judging by the wood you are compatible with, you will have multiple cores. Let your magic guide you to the cores you are compatible with."

I closed my eyes. I concentrated on finding the cores my magic was compatible with. I felt my magic tug me in six different directions. I opened my followed each tug. The first five led me to various jars. I picked them up and followed the next tug. The sixth tug was what confused me. It led me to Death.

I set the five jars  on the table. Mr. Ollivander paled even further when he saw what I placed on the table.

"Mr. Ollivander, my magic is tugging me to a sixth thing."

He looked up from the five things on the table and looked at me.

"Then go get it."

I pointed at Death.

"It's tugging me towards him."

"Oh."

Mr. Ollivander proceeded to look at Death in confusion.

" I believe that means my Master's magic is compatible with me. I will give you four drops of my blood. You will use it for his staff, and nothing else. Understood?"

"Yes, of course."

I smiled as Mr. Ollivander proceeded to pale even further. I didn't know it was possible for a person to be that pale. Death grabbed a vial and knife from his pocket. He cut his finger and let four drops of blood drop into the vial before healing his finger and cleaning both it and the knife. He placed the vial next to the other five jars.

"When will my Master's staff be ready?"

"I shall have it ready in two hours."

"You better, or else. Also, you will tell no one what happened here today. Understood?"

"Of course."

"Good."

With that, Death and I proceeded to exit the room and leave the store.

"Young Master, what would you like to do until your staff is ready?"

"Can we go get ice cream?"

"Of course."
_________________________________________

I'm so sorry it took so long to update. I'm taking three ap classes and let me tell you, they require a lot of studying. I promise to try harder.

Once again, I'm so sorry.

Sarah