Chapter Twelve

Harry's POV

We stayed at the park until 1. Surprisingly, it stayed empty the whole time. I didn't think much of it after Death told me that this park had practically been abandoned and people rarely come by here.

Once it was 1, Death told me that it was time to leave. I was reluctant to leave, but did so once he promised me that we would return at a later date. We returned home, where Death then served us lunch. I'm glad he listened when I told him I don't like eating alone and that I wanted him to eat with me. Once we finished eating, Death left the dishes to clean themselves and led me back to my room to get ready to head to the Ministry. I quickly showered, then got dressed in black dress pants and an emerald green dress shirt.

"The shirt really brings out your eyes, Master. You look absolutely adorable."

That comment surprised me, causing me to blush. I wanted to say something back, but was unsure of what exactly to say. I decided to pout. Judging by Death's expression, I'm pretty sure he thought I was just acting more adorable, which annoyed me even more, causing me to pout even further.

Finally, I was sufficiently dressed. Death placed my hair into a low pony tail, then wrapped me within my cloak. I stared up at him questionally, wondering why the cloak was necessary.

"The cloak is necessary My Dear Master. To the general public, you are nothing more than a 15 month old baby. They aren't expecting a 17 year old. It wouldn't do for you to go out there looking like you do now because that would give either away your secret. You share to strong a resemblance to both your mother and your father for people to not be suspicious of you at least a little bit. And while it won't matter if people know since they can't do anything to you because of me, I rather you not have to go through the pain that is the media. Sure I can just destroy anyone that annoys you. But this way will probably make you happier in the long run. Are you alright with this Master?"

"I am. Thank you Death. I'm grateful to have you here with me, helping me when I need it, even if I don't realize I need it. I'm grateful that you have been such a great friend, for that is what you are to me, my friend. Thank you for everything Death."

"Master...."

Death pulled me into a hug. I relaxed into his embrace and embraced him back. We stayed like that for a few minutes. Finally, Death pulled away with a smile on his face.

"I think it's about time that we leave. It's already 3:45 and we don't want to be late. We will shadow travel directly into the Ministry. I rather we not encounter any trouble."

"Alright."

With that, Death wrapped his arms around me and allowed the shadows to embrace us. For a second, all I saw was darkness before it all disappeared. I looked around and saw that we were in this long hallway. A few feet away from us was a doorway, which I assumed led to the court room. I could see a lot of people heading inside. I felt Death wrap an arm around my waist, then gently led me towards the door. After entering, we proceeded towards the seats at the back, partly hidden in the shadows. It was perfect.

After sitting down and getting comfortable, I began to observe the people around me. Everyone was split up into their own little groups, just chatting. It was very loud for a courtroom. As I was looking, I spotted the old man who had visited my parents. I now knew his name was Albus Dumbledore and that he wasn't a very nice man. He looked very angry, and I couldn't help but feel happy about that. I could hear his thoughts from here, and I knew he was partly to blame for what happened to my dear parents and for my godfather. I turned away from him, to upset with him to keep looking lest I do something I regret. From the corner of my eye, I spotted someone very familiar. It was Moony. I wanted to call out to him but I knew I couldn't draw to myself. Suddenly a chime was emitted throughout the room. Everyone quieted down and all but one door slammed shut. I watched as a man rose to address everyone. Just by looking at him, I knew his name was Barty Crouch Sr.