one.

"No, actually you should shut the fuck up and let me rest, my head's throbbing."

She lets out a huff, her arms crossed as it rested on her chest, making her way beside him. Areum's eyes almost gouged out of its sockets as to how he gobbled more than half the tupperware of ravioli within minutes.

"Sorry I didn't mean to snap at you." He mumbles a string of apology, head hidden behind the tupperware. Normally she would snap back at him for finishing her left-over food where she normally heats it up the next day for lunch. Seeing as how Jaemin was just fired from his only source of income as a money-starved college student, she'll keep her mouth zip, just for today.

Jaemin lets out a sigh in relief, wiping his stained lips with the back of his hands, and turns around to place it in the sink. For once, it is not piled high with dishes from up to a week ago, so he even squirts a bit of Dawn onto a sponge and washes the plastic container for her. "You remember that old, angsty hag that nags at me that asking for donations in order to benefit low income students was very selfish and rude of me, and that we wouldn't be in college if it wasn't for what her generation accomplished?"

His temper erupted like an active volcano as he spoke of the certain alumni, his tone rough and murderous. Areum remembered vividly about him spending an hour and twenty-seven minutes on Facetime with her ranting-slash-insulting about this one "old bitchy grandma" who he spoke to on a daily basis during his working hours.

"The one you lost your temper at and snapped at her for being ungrateful and selfish?" She questioned, knowing where the conversation was about to go. "Yeah, why can't she shut the fuck up and let us students work in peace, like granny, we're lifting a damn burden off your shoulder." He said with a roll of eyes. "But what exactly happened?"

"Well, as it turns out, telling an old racist elitist that she's old, useless, and an elitist does not sit well with my boss." He huffs a groan, his finger running to tug at the ends of his coal hair. "Why does that not surprise me... I mean it's you and that elitist afterall." Areum mused, and all she recieved was a sigh, Jaemin walking over to where she's taking it easy on the couch. "Oh no." She mumbled, eyes widening as he grins, plotting something. "Do not, Na Jaemin, I repeat do not do that."

He jumps, catapulting himself onto the couch and landing on top of her with a thud. She lets out a groan as the weight of his body hits her, foreheads nearly knocking into each other. Jaemin is a half foot too long for that dinky leather couch that's always sort of smelled, feet and ankles hanging off the opposing arm rest just so he can nuzzle his face into the crook of her shoulder like he always does.

She hates it when he does this, hates when he jumps onto the couch while she's casually reclining just so he can collapse on top of her. Hate the feeling of his body resting against hers, soft breathes against the skin of her neck, hate how it always makes her want more, how it will never be enough. "You've been working out with Jeno?" She mumbled against his white fabric t-shirt. "You're more heavy and meaty but in a good way than usual."

"Yeah, Jeno dragged me along with him for the past one-and-a-half week, it's pure toture with him." Jaemin spoke half-mindedly, if any of her friends were to walk in on both of them right now on the couch, it either she'll never hear the end of it or the next time anyone sees him will be on his deathbed. "Jeno said I had to men up, I'm built like a bunny according to him but I think I'm actually gaining muscles."

Jaemin is one of the most un-competitive person, one could ever meet. He might be that one kid who is un-competitive during sports, but without a doubt he could lift Areum off the dinky couch with her sitting on it without batting an eyelash. Even with his averagely-fine body shape of his, there were more muscles than could be seen from outside. "You're perfect the way you are though, work out or not it's your choice."

"Thanks, but what the fuck am I gonna do now? I need money for almost everything, the rents, textbook fees, literally everything in my life. My only source of income is now totally invalid all over one stupid elitist because what I spoke were facts he refused to believe." That was when he lost it, he had poor anger management, the slightest thing could frustrate him.

"Aren't there any other part-time jobs available at the mall? A day or two ago, I saw Sushi Teh hiring and they pay well too." Areum questions, hands reaching out to stroke his hair, smoothing it down. Jaemin's preferred cuddling position is big spooning, but he still demands that he be coddled as though he were the little spoon.

"No. They've all been snagged by try-hard freshmen who need money desperately like me." He complains with a huff, rubbing his nose against her cotton white t-shirt. "What I do distinctly remember is you being a try-hard freshman who also needed money. I mean you still do but the only difference is that you're in Senior year. And the try-hard freshman you chose to apply at the call center isn't it?"

Jaemin sits up, the weight of his figure crushing on her legs as he rests on top of them. If she stayed like this forever, she'd probably lose feeling in her lower body and even go paralyzed, but she'd also get to stay with him forever, which is a trade-off she would genuinely consider. "Yeah, but the call center hires everybody. You just need to be like... decent at communication. And I'm pretty decent at communication."

"Dude, you literally never-ever reply to my texts." Areum pointed it out, ready to grab her phone out of her pockets and shoving the evidence right in his face. "That's because I prefer showing up unannounced at your apartment or other places you frequent." Jaemin reminds her excitedly, he'll never let her forget about the time she was wrapping up a small seminar with her history professor and he burst through the doors with a whole thing of carrots and hummus because she had texted him that she was hungry.

Areum swore she could not look her history professor in the eye for the rest of the semester. "I'd say that's pretty decent communication." She shakes her head, cheeks flushed at that sudden flashback, if anyone was to destroy her reputation, that would only be Na Jaemin. "Well, you're going to have to figure out another way to market your decent communication skills to get another job."

"Have you considered working at Liho or Koi? You could get me employee discounts or even treat me to free drinks." The ends of her lips lifted up at the thought of boba, Jaemin leans over just to pinch at her cheek, fingers gripping onto her face and pulling like a grandmother. "You just want me for my money."

"Areum, I just got the best idea to earn quick bucks."