seven.

The sun rose like a flower opening, gifting its petals unto the world. Golden light dribbled over the land like syrup on oatmeal. The leaves shimmered like a mirror flecked mosaic and the morning dew sparkled on the bejeweled cobwebs and grass, the warmth of tangerine. New white rays shine through the window and curtain just the same, showing the beauty of the many tan hues that weave together to make the fabric.

Areum's woke up to the sound of a phone buzzing furiously on her bedside table. She cracks open one eye just a sliver to see who the culprit is and immediately eradicate it, when the sun filtering through her blinds hits her cornea. She groans, her eyes closing once more as she smacks her hand around to get it to shut off.

The movement, however, causes the bedsheets to shuffle beside her, and when she turns, Areum finds Jaemin nestled up tightly beneath her duvet, an arm stretched over her waist as he hums in his sleep.

Their best friends.

This is normal, absolutely normal.

Absolutely not fucking normal.

Her heart is at stake, it's a dangerous spot for her and her heart, knowing she could drop dead any moment with him by her side. He's wearing a black oversized Off-White sweater she's got him for his christmas present, and a pair of grey joggers he keeps over 'just in case'. Just in case he stays the night, which happens nearly everyday, just in case she ever needs them which she doesn't. Selfishly, she shall let herself fall back into deep slumber like anyone else would.

Shutting her eyes tightly, pretending that if she never woke up, at this moment time would freeze and lock the two of them together forever, just maybe but that's a very low chance of happening. Jaemin lets out mumbles of nothing, dragging his arms over her waist and pulling her in close. Oh my fucking god, for the fucking sakes of her heart.

Next to her, the phone buzzes fitfully again, and wide-awake, she's tasked with the job of picking up the phone of Jaemin and on the other line was Eun Yi. That is at least the second time it has rung, which despite how tempting it is, the last thing one would do is pick up the phone of others, yet the male next to her is asleep as if he's in a coma. Neither should she silence his phone and head back to sleep, pretending as if nothing was happening.

When Areum sighed she jutted her bottom lip out, redirecting the air-flow to her long bangs. For that brief moment her chocolate hair fanned upwards before resettling just over her eyes, she needed to pick it up at all cost of reluctance. "Good morn—" And before she could greet, the other line welcomed her with a scream into the speaker. "Na fucking Jaemin!" For a brief moment, she musters all her energy left in her body, wondering why on earth Eun Yi's so-so energetic this early in the morning, ever more energetic than Areum could be in the day.

"My friends think you look fine as hell in those photos I have posted of us, but I oppose that of course. Do you think you're free this Friday night? My friend Rui-won wants you to accompany her to a gala her parents have been forcing her to attend with a date." She rambles out all in one breath, Areum running her fingers through her hair with a huff leaving her lips. "Eun."

"Oh, good morning Areum, how's your day going?" Eun Yi greets, a smile visible through the phone with her cherry tone. "What the fuck do you mean how's my day going, I just woke up?" Areum stifles a yawn, mentally asleep just with her eyelids glued open. "Of course you did, wait why do you have Jaemin's phone if you just woke up. Did you guys fucked behind my back, and you dare not tell me?" Oh god I've been waiti—" Areum can see her rolling her eyes on the other side of the phone with energy in her adrenaline, she was the best hype woman, of Jaemin and her to fuck of course.

"Shush, he's waking up." Areum hisses at her, feeling the bedsheets shuffle beside her, praying to god he's still asleep and not eavesdropping on their conversation. "First of all, why would we fuck. Second of all, we did not fuck, he got back after your date thingy and blacked out on my bed fully clothed so calm your non-existence big tits." She's whispering-shouting at this point with hope of clearing her conscience.

"What? He went to your apartment last night? But I promptly remember dropping him off right at his apartment, he said he was tired so I assumed he went home but he didn't? Oh Areum... You see what's happening here?" Eun Yi exclaimed with a teasing tone yet one so excited. "No I do not see what's happening, it's just a best friend visiting the other because why not?"

"Nevermind, you're dense as fuck, beyond savable and I am not helping you out so figure it out yourself but I'll still be yours and Jaemin's hypewoman." She cheers, with Jaemin opening his eyes beside Areum. "Who's that?" His raspy voice had a deep timbre, the kind that anchors Areum soul a single moment in time, and it works every time. She turns around to see him lying on his back, head resting on her newly bought bamboo materialed pillow which already has his scent.

His hair is mussed, some tangled and unkept, splitted and parted in different ways with the hair gel from last night he didn't wash off before blacking out. Jaemin gazes up at her, intently, capturing her soul like ghostbusters. "Eun Yi." Areum whispers softly, audible for it to be heard. "She asks if you're free next Friday."

"Hm, when?" He groans while Eun Yi laughs it off on the other side. "Next Friday." She promptly repeats for the sleepy ass next to her, a hand on the phone as if it was going to stop the microphone from picking up their conversation and let Eun Yi hear it. "Eun has a friend who wants you to help her out as a fake date at another gala."

"I'll see how mmm..." He mumbles into her waist, as if he has got anything to think about, it is predictable he hasn't got any plans for the whole of the upcoming week. "He's not available to answer at the moment." Areum answers on behalf of him, eyelids shutting close. "Debatable but fine, pass on the message to him okay?" Eun Yi replies with a sigh escaping her lips. "Carry on pretending that you aren't fucking behind my back. Have fun but not too much fun!"

Areum sucks in a breath, all ready to throw a punch at her through the phone. "We are not." She glances at Jaemin with his hooded eyes and bewildered, confirming that he's asleep, kind of?

"We are fucking, you're bothering us Eun, get lost."