twenty-six.

"Good morning Areum, I brought your favourite bage— What the fuck is he doing here."

There's a shushing sound from beside him and the next thing he knows is the warmth disappearing, leaving him to feel empty in the coldness. "Eun-Yi how the fuck did you get in, why are you even shouting early in the morning? Weren't you having a hangover or something?" Areum shuffles through the sheets for her phone, ruffling Jaemin's hair before hearing a click from the door.

"What was he doing in your bed?" A slight lifting of an end of Eun-Yi's lips, the eyebrow rose in a teasing and inquisitive manner, as if expecting an answer she hoped for it to be. "Sleepover, just like how we always do." Areum replies nonchalantly, shoving her hands into the white paper bag for the bagel her friend brought. "Sleepover on the same bed? That's not what normal best-friends do..."

"That is, you just don't have a proper best-friend to experience such things with. Besides, what brings you here early in the morning?" She retaliates, knowing where the conversation was about to go and hence taking the opportunity to change the topic. "My parents... They're hosting another gala and mom said I could invite a friend or two on the condition that I attend with a date, so..." Areum shakes her head aggressively, she wasn't going to give in this time.

"I'm busy, get someone else." She excuses herself, there's clearly no benefit for her to attend a gala besides the fact that she gets free expensive dishes. "Come on, I haven't even mentioned when, I'm not letting your Bitmoji stay still in the same location on a Saturday night." Eun watches with pleading eyes at Areum as she takes a sip of the Iced Matcha Latte. "We'll talk about it when you get yourself a date for tonight."

"What do you mean, I do! Can you attend it with me now?" Eun-Yi whines in desperation, so eager to bring her best-friend out on another gala, introducing her to the world of big businesses. Areum's eyes are glued onto her phone, staring at Jaeyun's messages from dusk, contemplating how to answer his texts.

Imessage
Today, 05:37.

Jaeyun:
good morning, Areum.

i have a favour to ask from you.

reply me when you're awake hm?

Areum:
good morning.

what's the favour about?

"You were saying?" Areum mumbles in response, paying no attention to what Eun said earlier, and it's almost an immediate thing when she feels her phone vibrating in her grasp. "I said can you attend the gala with me now?" All she got from Areum was a question hum leaving her lips, as if she's thinking about it but not about that subject they were discussing about.

Jaeyun:
i have a gala to attend today
but i do not have a date...

i was wondering if you, you know?
wanted to go with me

Areum:
as in the gala held by Eun-Yi's parents?

Jaeyun:
yeah that, uh so, would you?

Areum:
of course, she's at my house
begging for me to attend the
gala but i didn't have a date...

Jaeyun:
i guess that's settled for both of us
then, will pick you up at 6 in the
evening :]

Areum:
will do :D

"I guess my Bitmoji won't be stationary in my apartment today." Areum hints, fiddling with her fingers, reflecting if she made the right choice. "Great, now we just have to find you a date." Her best-friend announces, clapping her hands with sparkles in her eyes from the overexcitement. "What? Find Areum a date?" A voice so deep and hoarse joins into the conversation, pulling out the chair beside Areum, joining them by the dining table.