five.

On the other side of the door is Jaemin as he frequently is when he shows up unannounced, the guy she has been yearning for all day.

Her heart practically freezes in place, like his eyes have shot right through it. Instead of his usual baggy outfit and a baseball cap, he's dressed in a crisp navy suit, which has rings around his fingers, a silver chain necklace she got him for his birthday and hair in a loose-fitting style. He looks like a whole celebrity, like a young, successful CEO who actually had a bright future ahead of them. Like the love of her whole fucking life.

Coughing to distract from the fact that she was already practically drooling, taking the chance to tease him. "Wow, you look rather ugly." Jaemin looks down at himself, almost as if he had forgotten he's wearing a full suit entirely. "Yeah I know and I don't really care but I didn't want to let Eun down by not dressing up to code." He explains.

He has got remnants of makeup left on his face, having faded and smudged throughout the night, probably from all the sweat. There's a bit of black underneath his eyes from the eyeliner, a smoldering effect that makes the almond brown of his irises even deeper. "You look tired." Areum commented, a yawn escaping her lips. "Why are you here, why don't you go home, Na? Get some sleep, you must be really tired from that date."

"It wasn't a date." He spoke through his gritted teeth, as if he was infuriated about something but god knows what, I mean he had anger issues so it isn't a big deal of him raging abruptly. "Yeah but why didn't you go home?" She questions, clearly concerned about his already fucked-up sleeping schedule. He shrugs nonchalantly, looking over Areum's shoulder to see if his arrival has woken up her puppy poodle, bun. "Your place was closer, I also wanted to see Bun if he was still awake." He says as if it was nothing too big to worry over.

Like it doesn't make her breath catch in her throat, stop in its tracks. He spends a whole evening and even an hour or two into the night
dressed up in a stuffy suit and tie surrounded by old businessmen and their bourgeois daughters with whom he has nothing in common, and when it's nearly three in the morning and he can finally relax, he drives to her place instead of his own. Like it means nothing. As if it means anything at all.

"Just let me know if I'm bothering you, I can head home right away since it's late, and that insomniac ass of yours isn't getting proper sleep." Jaemin chuckles, running a hand through his now tousled raven strands of hair. It's so hard to say no to him, with that mind and heart of hers already yearning for him since the whole day. "Just come inside before Bun starts barking and wakes the neighbours up."

He has a toothy grin plastered on his face asides the smudged make up and droopy eyelids of his, she steps aside for him to cave in like he always does. The first thing he does is kick off his leather shoes he probably borrowed from one of his friends in the business course, throwing the navy jacket over her couch where her poodle ran up to welcome him. "God damn it, you woke him up." Areum shakes her head, instinctively pouring him a cup of cold water.

Looking up, she stares as he struggles to loosen the tie and takes it off, unbuttoning the first few buttons of his black dress shirt. By the counter, she turns around, mentally breaking down, on the verge of combusting. It's funny how he doesn't know the impact he has on her. Jaemin settles on the couch, picking up the caramel furred object while it licks his hand, already too familiar to him. "Did you have fun earlier?"

"The food was bussin' but her parents really pulled out all the tactics they had, like give me a fucking break. I was only there to accompany their daughter." He spoke with his head nuzzling into Bun's fur, leaving a kiss on its forehead. "That's it? So boring." Settling herself besides him on the couch.

"We spend most of the time lounging by the catering table but we acted like complete strangers and that was the fucked up point. I was on my phone the whole time and even zoned out staring at the screen." He giggled at the thought of him looking awfully stupid as he zoned out. "Please tell me you didn't embarrass yourself, like no throwing of tantrums there?"

Considering how his actions have already taken a huge blow on his long-gone ego, him losing his tantrum at such parties wouldn't even surprise anyone. "No! I am not as bad tempered as you think I am." He exclaims defensively. "Haechan told me everything I needed to know, he's a business student, remember? Besides those filthy rich CEO's even approached me occasionally to compliment my looks but I kept quiet and just bowed..."

Areum rolls her eyes, of course he wouldn't miss the chance to remind everyone about his hellishly god-like looks. "So you just stood there, looking this ugly?" She eyes him up and down in a mocking manner.

"You think I'm ugly? I could change your mind right here and now." He teases, sending a brazen smile towards her way, all ready to strip of the black dress shirt. "I was kidding, you look absolutely gorgeous." She huffs, crossing her arms as it rests on her chest. "Now that's more like it. Eun Yi complimented me y'know, she said I would make a great husband in the future."

"Please you just stood there looking this pretty, what did you expect?" Areum scoffs, tousling his hair. "Well true enough I guess, she did all the hobnobbing but it's not like I could contribute anything being the introverted hot-tempered kid I am. Unless anyone wants to hear me talk about sexual reproduction."

"Oh my fucking god, you're a sex obsessed maniac and even hot-tempered, isn't that perfection in human, a perfect dom." Areum teases, nudging his shoulders with her elbow, raising her eyebrows repeatedly.

"So sexy, keep talking."

"About what, sex? Or do you want me to show it to you?"