nine.

Nothing hurts more than the weekdays, it was really useless for teenagers to be attending school just for their future high pay when they could be enjoying life out there. Areum's week was nothing but torture, the fact that she only got to catch a glimpse of Jaemin the past few days was pure torture.

The occasional glances she's got at him, he's wearing normal baggy clothes like he always does with the Adidas bag she has got him for the fun of it, slung over his right shoulder. It's as if they were avoiding each other, when they both knew they weren't considering how their timetables were different, the slightest chance of meeting in class was non-existence.

There's a knock on the door on Thursday night, with Jaemin with his messy raven hair hidden in the Off-White bucket hat he managed to bought when he could still afford it, his usual loose black ripped jeans and a pair of oversized white t-shirt thrown over his body, he could pull off anything breathtakingly. "It's been awhile, angel."

Fuck, there he goes again. His playing with her heart as if it's fire. How she loved that pet name she's gotten from him when he claims that she was nothing but an angel in disguise sent to protect and look over him. "It's only been four days, Jae."

"I know, but that's too long for me to stay away from you." He complains, kicking off the White Air Force he's got and Areum has no idea how he bought it with that low salary of his back at the call center. "You say that as if I'm your girlfriend, Jae. Your future girlfriend is going to be jealous and I'm sure you don't want that to happen."

"That's provided I get a girlfriend but no thanks, I don't do commitments or relationships." He states nonchalantly, flopping right onto her dinky couch where it sends her puppy flying from the sudden impact. "Dude you almost killed her, you stepped into my house for the first time this week and this is what I got..."

He chuckles it off, scooping the brown furry object off the floor with an arm. "Have you figured out the plans for tomorrow?" Areum questions regarding the Gala he was supposed to attend with Rui-Won, was that her name? "Yeah Eun forced me into it, not really force but bribe, nevermind I don't even know the right words for it. Basically she just told me that Rui-Won kid would pay me a thousand and five hundred if I accompanied her for that one night but i'm not complaining."

"And what did you say?" Deep down she really was hoping he wouldn't agree, considering their last week bonding-slash-gaming night was already remitted, she wouldn't risk not seeing him for a night but she'd seem selfish. "I agreed, I don't have plans tomorrow and I really need money. Like a thousand and five hundred just to stand there and look this pretty, so worth it. Apparently Eun's friends think I make a pretty good fake trophy boyfriend-slash-fiance."

Did he really just forget about their bonding-slash-gaming night, it's been going on ever since they were friends, how could he just let that slip his mind? "Na, you're supposed to 1v1 with me in Valorant last week but it got called off, and this week too we can't...?" There's a hint of pain and anger lurking in Areum's voice, but she won't show it to him, just not yet. "Fuck, I forgot. I'm sorry, angel."

He's not at fault, no one is to be blamed. Jaemin needed money and they both knew that fact, she wasn't well off either but she isn't going to hold him back from earning quick bucks over such a small matter. She isn't selfish, no. "Gonna put bolded 'good fake trophy boyfriend' on your resume next time?" Areum rubs his shoulder, changing the subject, but he really is gonna make a real good boyfriend.

"Dinner at your favourite western place? My treat today." He loves bringing her out, not like a date but just those best-friends date, he rather have her all dressed up than to be cooped in that small apartment of hers, doing nothing and laze around with her puppy but that's what he enjoys doing at her house. How ironic, isnt it? "Sure, thanks for the treat tonight then." There's a smile on her face, she missed spending time with him, yet it's only been three days since they were apart.

Dinner with him was the best, he'd let Areum order the whole menu and yet he won't complain and even secretly pay for the bills although they agreed on her paying. And she's always sneaking her portion of money into his wallet, but there were times where the restaurant would give discounts just because there were a couple set meals. Neither of them were against the fact of others assuming they were couples, as long as they had each other by their side while enjoying food.

Yet in reality, they're basking in the presence of each other in peace, enjoying the food when they both hoped to be more than just friends, but no one would make the first move.