Chapter 2: First Command

Eric's POV

Location: Combined AL/CA Pacific Base

Date: March 15th, 2064

A car drove right through the gates of Azur Lane/Crimson Axis port, and stopped a few yards away from the main building.  The back door opened up and out stepped Eric, no longer in his U.S. military livery.  He now wore a white uniform, the uniform of the Commander of the Pacific base.  He looked around at the base as the car began driving away.

Eric: *Thoughts* Am I dreaming?  I must be dreaming.  Connie, please pinch me to make sure that I'm not dreaming.

Connie: *Thoughts* I thought this is what you wanted.  Didn't you want to take command of the base as soon as possible to help these girls?

The relative newcomer chuckled at that, wondering if the girls would accept him.  It was nearly two years since he first arrived and he was finally back at the port.  He sighed, wondering if this was going to work out.  It took him twice the amount of time he intended to make it through the Academy, due to the classes being far tougher than he was expecting.  Other students challenging him to mock naval battles also didn't help.  Mock naval battles were, by Academy rules, illegal, unless it was initiated by a professor.  Of course, there are always rules that are broken in any organization.  It was no different at the Academy.  Most of the students constantly challenged other students, usually to humiliate.

Eric: *Thoughts* As if that would trip me up from fulfilling my promise to Vestal.  Well, time to get a move on.

He started to walk towards the main building on base.  Before he could walk more than ten paces, he felt something small and soft hit the side of his leg.  Looking down, he found what looked like a stuffed animal in the shape of a unicorn.

Eric: A stuffed animal?

Insert Opening Theme here

He stooped down and picked up the toy.

Eric: *Thoughts* Poor thing.  It doesn't have someone to look after it.  I wonder if one of the girls would like it?

Suddenly, it began to move in his hands.  Eric stood there, unable to move out of shock.

Eric: *Thoughts* W-w-what is this thing?  What should I do?  The Academy didn't prepare me for anything like this!

???: U-chan!  U-chan!  Where are you?

A voice was heard not that far away.  Eric turned his head around and saw a girl with purple hair and wearing a white, almost see-through dress.

  Eric turned his head around and saw a girl with purple hair and wearing a white, almost see-through dress