Chapter 8: Love and Reconciliation

Javelin's POV

Location: AL/CA Pacific Base

Date: July 4th, 2064

Time: 0630 hours

Light was just beginning to filter through the window, it's rays hitting Javelin in the eyes, and began to wake her.  As she slowly sat up, she looked around, realizing she was not in her room.  She looked to her right and saw Morrison and Unicorn, sleeping in the same bad as Javelin.  Memories of the previous day came flooding back, prompting her to look at her arms and wrists.  Sure enough, the rope marks were there, the bruises from her struggling to break free, evident.  As she began to look around the room again, she noticed that it was mostly spars, hardly anything in it to tell her whos room it was.  She looked over at the coat rack and noticed a white uniform hanging on it, with a white hat laying on top of the rack.  Her eyes became wide as she looked around the room for a third time.  It was the Commander's room.  It was a room she had never hoped to be in again, much like with the office so long ago.  She looked down at herself, realizing she was wearing clothing, but it was not her own.  As she slowly got out of the bed, the clothing, a single shirt that was too big for her, fell just below her knees.

Javelin: *thoughts* It may be big, but it covers me.

She slowly tiptoed to the door, and opened it slowly.  She looked out, seeing almost nothing, besides the desks and the chairs.  As her eyes continued to sweep the room, something caught her attention.  Opening the door all the way, she walked over to the strange thing, only to realize it was a small bed.  The sheets looked like they had been used recently, the top cover having been pulled off to one side.  As tears from her memory of yesterday began to fall from her cheeks, a smile of her Commander coming to her rescue and his willingness to give them a room for the night began to form.

Javelin: **whisper** Thank you, Commander Eric.

Insert Opening Theme Here

Eric's POV

Time: 0645 hours

Eric was finishing up his daily run, calling it finished as he made it back to the main building.  He looked at his little wrist watch, nodding at the time.  It was much better than when he first came on base, but it was still not good enough.  He stood there, catching his breath, feeling the barely healed wound in his side trying to tear again.  Eric grimaced at the pain, remembering Vestal's words from the day before.

Flashback...

Vestal: Eric, I am grateful that you managed to rescue everyone, but don't go rushing headfirst into everything.  One of these days, you're going to get yourself killed.  And no one here wants that to happen.

Flashback ends...

Eric touched the wound, grimacing again as the pain felt like a thousand needles were piercing right through him.  He decided to touch the scaring and stitches, which turned out to be a very bad idea.  He grimaced even more at the pain, and finally decided to forget about yesterday, and began to walk towards the Command building.

Eric: *thoughts* I wonder if Javelin and the other two are awake now.  They were sound asleep when I left them.  I still can't believe that they cried themselves to sleep after the events of yesterday, but it isn't out of the realm of possibilities either.

He was so caught up in his thoughts that it took him a while to notice the figure running around the corner, headed straight towards him.

???: Get out of the way!  I'm going to crash!