Chapter 7: Commanders

Hello everyone.  For the first time, I'm here before the chapter even starts.  And the reason I'm here is to say that you may not want to read this chapter while eating or out loud with small children around.  It could get a bit messy here.  And also, this chapter went over 9,500 words, a new record for me.  Now with the announcement out of the way, grab a seat, kick back, relax, and I hope you enjoy reading this chapter, because I sure didn't like what I did in this chapter.

Javelin's POV

Location: AL/CA Pacific Base

Date: July 3rd, 2064

Time: 0945 hours

Javelin and Unicorn were walking around the port, smiling and looking at the bright beautiful day.  The sky was a bright blue, the sun was shining high in the sky, and the sea was calm and smooth as glass.  It felt like nothing bad could happen on that beautiful day.

Unicorn: Javelin, why did you say what you said about big brother?  Does he really hear voices in his head?

Javelin chuckled nervously as she avoided her friend's eyes.

Javelin: I didn't mean to say that.  Laffey asked me what I thought of the Commander, and I told her that I think he could be a good person.  I then accidentally let it slip that he talks to voices in his head.  She seemed to wake up right at that point and began spreading the rumor before I could stop her.  As to him actually speaking to voices, Niimi said that he does have someone that he talks to in his head, but told me to keep it between the five of us.  I was wrong to tell Laffey that he speaks to voices, and I'm paying for it by hearing this rumor spread faster than the Commander can stop it.

Unicorn giggled at her friend.  Seeing Javelin feeling sad at the problem she made, for someone that she did fear almost as much as the old Commander, was rather endearing.

Unicorn: Big brother can handle this problem.  I know he can.  But he would like it very much if you apologized.

Javelin nodded as silence settled between the two Royal Navy friends.  After a while, though, Unicorn brought up another topic.

Unicorn: Do you remember when we first met big brother?

Javelin began blushing profusely as she remembered that day.

Javelin: I remember it all to well.  I yelled to him with all my might, because I was so scared.  How embarrassing.

The destroyer girl placed her head in her hands, trying to hide her embarrassment as the memory came flooding back.

Unicorn: And do you remember Laffey falling asleep right in front of big brother?

Javelin began laughing, forgetting her own embarrassing moment as Laffey, standing while sleeping, also invaded her mind.  She felt so happy, she didn't see where she was going.  She bumped into someone and fell down.  As she got back up, she began rubbing the back of her head, abashed at what she just did, eyes closed.

Javelin: I am so sorry for that.  I didn't see you there.

???: It's alright, Javelin.

Her eyes snapped open, and her feet felt rooted to the spot.  She knew that voice, all too well.  A voice that she didn't want to ever hear again.  As she slowly looked up, she noticed a masculine build, muscles slightly bulging from his chest, arms, and even stomach.  Going further up, she saw his face, looking to be in his late twenties or early thirties; black hair, that seemed to be a bit unkempt, and small, beady eyes that seemed to be staring at her with a look of lust.  Lust that Javelin was familiar with, and wished to never see again.