Highs and Lows

Daichi walked into the club that Tai and Shiro dragged him into after a whole morning of preparing a speech. The trio ordered a round of a drink and sat in a booth that already had the gang.

"Keith, What are you doing here?"

"Getting a drink?" he said as he looked up at his cousin. "What else would a person do here?"

"Shiro, buddy, relax," Matt said as he stumbled on his feet as he, drunkenly, swung his arm over the man. "Don't act like you didn't sneak over here when we were fifteen," the older Holt child hiccupped while speaking, but they were still able to understand what he was saying.

"Listen, Shiro; I only had one glass," Keith said.

"And that is it, you hear?" He snatched the drink out of the boy's hand; just as Keith opened his mouth to protest, Shiro gulped the rest down and placed it on the waitress tray as she passed by. Keith couldn't choose whether to be mad or impressed.

"Guys, look, my man, Daichi made a mistake with his boyfriend, and we are here to help him forget," Tai announced to the group.

"If he is going to forget a silver-haired boy wearing a dress that looks to be scandalous," Matt took another big swing of his drink, "then I wouldn't look at the barstool."

Daichi did just that. The thing that he was advised not to, he did it. He looked at his ex-boyfriend in that dress that he bought for their anniversary yesterday. 

"I was holding Toru, right?" Tai continued to tell the story of how Daichi ended up at his apartment in the middle of the night. 

"You will not believe what this man had in his pocket," Keith asked the question of what was in the pocket, signaling Tai to continue.

"Well, you see, he brought the ring that he and his fake girlfriend bought before the send-off." The four idiots (Ken, Kageyama, Hinata, and Davis) looked at Daichi with a quest plastered on their faces.

You didn't ask? 

"What do you mean by "fake girlfriend" ?" Keith asked.

"Welp, my friend, it's what them idiots did when they wanted to stay in the colony but can't be together. Something about not being able to keep the population growing." Davis explained before getting up to get more to drink.

"Daichi. Man, you need to stop looking at him." Davis patted his back then continued on his way.

As the night continued, Daichi started to get more anxious about what he was about to do.

"Aye, Daichi, it's 11 o'clock. Shows on!"

"Ok," Daichi took one last glance at the silvernette before making his way on stage.