Missing

"Hey, Adora."

"Hey, Catra," the blond looks back at her childhood friend with a smile.

"So." The other hopped on the railing and sat next to the girl.

"So," Adora looked out at the sunset. The last sunset the two will share together for who knows how long. 

"Tomorrow is when we know what we are placed. " Catra's tail swung left then right before it wrapped around her body to lay in her lap. "you excited?" 

"Not really"

"Why?" the multi-eyed girl tilted her head to the side in confusion. 

"I'm going to miss you," The girl looked the other dead in the eye as she felt getting closer to the other person.

The evening sun started to glow brighter as the two moved closer and closer. Soon their noses were touching as Catra spoke softly to Adora.

"Is this happening?" she asked as she pushed their foreheads together.

"I think it is." Catra was the first to make the final move. Tilting her head to the right as Adora dit to the left. 

Adora was jolted awake and heard orders being barked at her. The blond did not, however, have time to think about her dream. But to only focus on what her orders were.

"Koushiro, scan the area," Axca ordered, "Adora, be on the watch for enemy fire."

"Aye." Adora saluted and retrieved her gun to follow Koushiro to the scanners. The events of her dream kept flashing as the red lights above her flickered.

The scanners were located at the end of the ship, away from the main crew. Adora placed her gun in the protection area and sat down in her seat. The seat is elevated to be placed on the top of the ship.

"How is everything going down there, Koushiro?" 

"Not going well." A violent shake of the shuttle threw the red-head off his balance.

"Fighter jets A26-41 is missing from the formation." Adora reported, "B35 Aerial assault team is missing."

"B36 and A42 are unresponsive," Adora looked frantically at the radar. "Were on our own." 

Catra, Adora thought as she tried to fight the surrounding area. But it was no use, all that could be seen for miles were debris and explosions. 

"EVERYONE, GET DOWN!" Axca called. "We are going to crash."

Adora got down and grabbed her gun. She ran to Koushiro and yanked him away from the equipment. The two managed to get to the cabin before the scanners exploded from cannon fire.

"Shit, that was close." Adora breathed out. 

The red-headed navigator looked up at the wreckage around her.

"Yeah," Koushiro agreed. 

"Brace yourselves." Axca called out, "impact is coming in fast."

Koushiro, Adora, and four others buckled and got ready for impact.

The shuttle shook as it was entering the atmosphere of a random planet. The shaking didn't stop until they landed. One of the crew members handed everyone oxygen packs for their suits.

"Guys, duck down. Hide underneath something," Veronica ordered.

"Ronnie, why?" Axca asked.

"Shhh," Veronica planted her palm over the other's mouth, "we aren't alone."

"V, A1," Adora called on the radio.

"This is V; stay off the radio and stay down," Veronica whispered into the radio.

"Rogger." 

Growling has followed the banging from the side of the aircraft. Hissing sounds and claws on the metal floor. CLICK CLICK CLICK. 

No, no, no, I need to get out. Acxa tried steading her breathing 

Veronica put a hand on Acxa's mouth.

"Acxa is gonna be alright." The girl mouthed. The younger one nodded, trying to steady her breathing, but it just couldn't happen. Instead, it got worse. 

HISS HISS BANG CLICK BANG CLICK.

The pattern continued for a little longer until it became faint. Veronica let out a long breath and let her hand drop from Acxa's mouth. 

"Look, Look" the older girl grabbed her by the shoulders for her to look at them. "Deep breaths, Deep Breaths. In 'n out."

Acxa stabilized her breathing with the help of Veronica. 

"There that's it," Veronica hugged her.

SREEEECH!!!

"Shit," Veronica cursed as she pulled out her gun to shoot the creature. 

BANG BANG CLICK BANG CLICK.

Then silence.