New Home

The orientation lasted longer than Acxa would've liked. All that was on her mind was getting to her apartment. 

Having a long morning on the transport pod to the crest colony really took an emotional toll on her. However, it wasn't all that bad. She was able to sit with a friend, Zethrid. Recalling the conversation put a frown on her face as she walked up the stairs to her apartment. 

A wave of grief washed over the girl as she fumbled for the keys to get the door open. When the door clicked open, time seemed to speed up but her. The door was pushed slowly that as soon as it was all the way open time seemed to go back to normal. Then a tall girl with glasses greeted her in. Very loudly.

"Hi!" The girl spooked Acxa, "My name is Inoue Miyako, but you can call me Yolie"

"Acxa" the shooked girl spoke. Without warning Yolie yanked the poor girl into the apartment and dragged her into the common room.

"Over there is my sempai, Takenouchi  Sora" Yolie pointed to a red head that was sitting on the couch reading THE HUNGER GAMES. The girl gave a wake and continued reading.

"Over in the kitchen is Adora Grayskull" she said as she grabbed the blonds shoulders to turn her to face Acxa, "she is from the Etheria Colony"

"Hi" the blond said. She turned to Yolie with a neutral look on her face, "can you let me go now?" Yolie let the girl go following with a bow and an apology. "See yall at dinner" the vlond announced as she letter the kitchen with an apple in hand. 

"And last but nkt least is our senior cadet, Veronica McClain"

In a wide-eyed shocked state, Acxa was able to mutter a "Ronnie" as she ran into the Hispanic girls arms. 

"Long time no see Ace"

Dinner rolled around and Acxa didn't think of her roommates being strangers, Besides Veronica, anymore.

"So Yolie could you tell Acxa about one of your siblings getting suspended" Adora cracked up laughing so hard that it was hard to tell what she was saying next. "Who was that one that was pissed that they didn't get into the junior officer program?"

"That would be Richie", Yolie laughed from both embarrassment and the hilariousness of the situation.

"I remember that" Sora laughed "she threw the desk at the teacher when her name wasn't called in the program"

"Ai Chikas" Veronica shook her head in disappointment.

The rest of the evening consisted of everyone telling the story of family members and friends before the purge.

Sora losing most of her friends because they were unwanted  along with Yolie who lost all of them.

Adora and Veronica were the lucky ones. They either had been deemed Warrior or Officer. None of them were necessaries or Unwanted. Well except for Veronica's.

Acxa never shared anything about her brotjer, her cousin, nor her parents. Veronica knew, but that was because Lance was a loud mouth that doesn't know how to shut up. But she was glad that at least someone knew. She just wasn't ready to tell the others just yet. Maybe in time.

By the time night hit the Crest Colony, Acxa felt alone and not alone at the same time. Mostly because she missed Keith. Her Brother. The first friend she had. But now he's gone. Gone for ever. And she didn't even say goodbye.